hardware switches not working on air player

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

flyboy66-67

hardware switches not working on air player

#1 Post by flyboy66-67 »

on PC I have air manager and create the hardware code and test switches and encoders. All works on the test instrument as well as my monitor ran off of Raspberry Pi and also aircraft. So I set up hardware on same instruments in air player save and the switches and encoders won't work. All gauges and annuciators work fine just can't get the hardware to work without using air manager and running instrument separately.

Jack

Sling

Re: hardware switches not working on air player

#2 Post by Sling »

Is this PC Air player or Rpi Air player. If you are using an Arduino for the hardware then it needs to be connected to a USB port on the device that is running the hardware code. So if the code for the hardware is uploaded to your Rpi then the Arduino needs to be connected to the same Rpi.

Tony

flyboy66-67

#3 Post by flyboy66-67 »

Connecting the usb from arduino to raspberry pi fixed it however arduino doesn't show up under devices now. Is that normal as I can go to "create/edit tab" and still bring up other instruments for editing?

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

This is the correct behavior, AM show only the devices connected directly to it
so it shows the Rasp but not the Arduino

Gilles

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Yes that is normal. You will only see Arduino’s in Devices if they are connected to the same PC. You can edit the instruments yes but they must be uploaded to the Rpi for you to use them on that device.