Automatic aircraft switching

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

rg77

Automatic aircraft switching

#1 Post by rg77 »

I have 3 panels uploaded to a pi. With the settings configured to switch with different aircraft. They just don’t switch. How are they supposed to work?

Sling

Re: Automatic aircraft switching

#2 Post by Sling »

Did you actually select the aircraft from the list.

I have also noted that my Pi only works well for a while until it warms up and then some of the instruments don’t display upon aircraft switching. I’ve give up on the Pi now as it’s just not up to the job on a few fronts.

rg77

#3 Post by rg77 »

Yes I did. I didn't reply straight away as I was waiting on a new Pi 3+ to arrive. It's certainly a bit smoother.

So I have 3 panels. What I had previously set was the option to load 1 panel as the default (at least that's how I thought it would be working) and 2 panels set to specific aircraft.

I've now set each panel to specific aircraft only so no panel loads when Air Player loads. This seems to work well and now when I launch Xplane and start a flight the correct panel is loaded for the aircraft.

It just seems I need to shut everything down to switch aircraft because once a panel is loaded on Air Player it doesn't switch when I switch aircraft. I assume that's a bug but as long as I know I can work with that.

I find the Pi generally OK and have 3 arduino's plugged in like this which seems to work OK.

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

The aircraft switching should just work as you switch aircraft in the sim. You must have the all the intended panels uploaded to the RPi and have them all individually setup to display when the associated aircraft is loaded in the sim. It did work but I haven’t tried for a couple of weeks so perhaps if you are using the beta it is broke.

Tony