Dataref change detection is inconsistent

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

guerch

Dataref change detection is inconsistent

#1 Post by guerch »

I noticed that xplane dataref subscriptions don't always trigger when they should. I am using this example, but i found out inconsistent behavior throughout, for instance the xplane dataref "sim/cockpit/switches/audio_panel_out" has a value of 6 for mic1 and 7 for mic2
Air player correctly send commands such as xpl_command("sim/audio_panel/select_audio_com1") that switches the audio_panel_out dataref to a value of 6
And xpl_command("sim/audio_panel/select_audio_com2") to a value of 7.

this can be verified by the in game interface, and also by the Data Ref Editor extension, so no problems sending the commands, BUT, my interface sometimes is not reflecting this reality,
naturally i am subscribed to "sim/cockpit/switches/audio_panel_out" but sometimes i touch a button to switch the mic, i can see on the in game interface that the switch was successful, and also that the games DataRef has changed by inspecting it with the Data Ref Editor, but my callback for that subscription is not getting called, on closer inspection i can see in the air manager viewer that the value is not matching what the Data Ref Editor is showing, it just failed to detect a change, hence inconsistent UI, note here that is does not fail to detect a change all times, but sometimes it fails, and unfortunately is common enough

the dataref in the example is just one of many i have seen displaying this problem.

https://imgur.com/a/iqyIA

please take a look, it is not working as it should

Ralph

Re: Dataref change detection is inconsistent

#2 Post by Ralph »

There's some problems with the Xplane plugin that we have to fix, it might have to do with this. On my home PC it's loosing and making connection constantly. I'll keep you updated.