Air Player 4.0 Upgrade Not Recognizing Instrument Order in Panel

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

GoodSim

Air Player 4.0 Upgrade Not Recognizing Instrument Order in Panel

#1 Post by GoodSim »

Hi,all. I recently created a few blank panels in AP 3.7. I used several of Russ Barlow’s 737 Zibo instruments from his newly released 1920 x 1080 panels. My displays are not that big. I had to make custom sized background images (created instrument with .png image only) and placed them BEHIND all the other instruments in the panel (at the top of the instrument list as instructed by Russ Barlow in one of his tutorials). All was fine. Now, upgrading to Air Player 4.0, the instruments for these panels are hidden behind the background “instrument” and I have to move the background (from the bottom of the instrument list) back to the top of the list (behind all instruments). Or, the background is listed correctly but displays as described above and I have to move the background instrument forward and then back to display the panels correctly. I am no longer able to save this configuration and this problem occurs each time I open AP now. This is just an annoyance as AP 4.0 & AM 4.0 run fine after this adjustment. Any suggestions or bug ideas?

Sling

Re: Air Player 4.0 Upgrade Not Recognizing Instrument Order in Panel

#2 Post by Sling »

Strange that the instrument order is not maintained. You can make the panel image as an instrument like you have been doing but the proper way of using a custom image as the panel background is to create a panel and use the image as a layout or just simply select custom image in the panel settings.

GoodSim

#3 Post by GoodSim »

Understood. I’m still learning the subtleties of creating panels. I have attempted to create new panels as you describe but recall having had issues. Russ Barlow’s method of using an “instrument” as a background was simple and it worked. I’ll look into modifying my panels using the “proper” creation method as you suggest. Thanks.

GoodSim

#4 Post by GoodSim »

Well, AM & AP 4 are still screwing up my instrument order. Meanwhile, I'm still having problems creating a "proper" panel. The latest attempt was:

1. In AM Create/Edit Tab selected Panel from dropdown under General.
2. Selected New.
3. Selected items according to hierarchy and entered info:
a. Panel Name, etc.
b. + Aircraft Model, etc.
c. + Panel (Selected Layout Mode, Transparent Background/0% Opacity, & assigned the Background .png Image). No user properties, etc.
d. + Instruments (Added all instruments but had to resize/position later). Click OK.
4. In AM Home Tab, Highlight Air Player (located on remote PC and networked with AM & X-Plane on main PC).
5. Select + Panel, locate & select the new panel from AM Panels list, click Add. The panel is added to AP.

When I highlight the new panel in AP, it displays correctly in the preview and the instruments & background appear normal. I can edit, etc.
However, when I click Show, the instruments display without the background image. The background image is present in the
Layouts folder and has a unique number, but refuses to display behind the instruments. I get a similar result when using a Custom Image for the background.

I haven't yet found a simple tutorial on making a panel with a layout or custom image. So, I'm obviously missing something because I had these same problems in 3.7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.