Air Player 4 not displaying cloned instruments

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Air Player 4 not displaying cloned instruments

#21 Post by Sling »

Then it seems you have already made it as easy as it can be manually and it just needs everyone to be educated as to how it works. Me included.

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

Yes will do next week :)

Serge Luke

#23 Post by Serge Luke »

I've tested several times by cloning panels back and forth, and I still see unusual behavior in Air Player - some instruments do not have all configuration properties in AP, while they do in AM. Here is the example of 727 N2 gouge in Air Manager 4.0:
2021-05-01_7-22-04 AM.png
And here is the same instrument, cloned in Air Player 4.0:
2021-05-01_7-21-27 AP.png
This is happening with all 727 engine instruments. There are other instruments that also display only size properties in panels on Air Player 4.0, while they are fully configurable in panels on Air Manager.

Serge Luke

#24 Post by Serge Luke »

I found Ralph's advice on the G1000/AP topic to Push the instruments to Air Player via AM's Create/Edit tab. I published all instruments that I have downloaded and cloned in AM, so AP should have all of them now. At the moment, they are showing correctly, but I want to test them with simulator as well.

Perhaps in future AP iterations, you could make it more intuitive to "Push" instruments to the AP? I see the logic in improvement from 3.7, but this wasn't obvious.

glubbfreund

#25 Post by glubbfreund »

Hey, I recently bought Air Manager and Air Player. I use the Linux Clients on both ends. Air Manager works perfectly, Air Player also - apart from pushing the instruments to the client. Every time if I try that, the Air Manager client crashes. The log is the same on both ends: SimRemoteServer: Failed to send data: Broken pipe. The network connection works perfect (gigabit LAN) and I use Aerowinx PSX without any issues with it. Can you help me?

Corjan

#26 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

AM and AP rely on Linux systems having the TMPDIR environment variable.

If you know how, would you mind setting TMPDIR to '/tmp' prior to starting AM or AP?

This will be fixed in an upcoming release,

Corjan

glubbfreund

#27 Post by glubbfreund »

Corjan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm Hi,

AM and AP rely on Linux systems having the TMPDIR environment variable.

If you know how, would you mind setting TMPDIR to '/tmp' prior to starting AM or AP?

This will be fixed in an upcoming release,

Corjan
Thank you very much, it works :) The only thing thats missing on the AirPlayer-Side is the panel background now. I couldnt figure out how to push the panel to the client.

Moonpilot

#28 Post by Moonpilot »

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing when I clone some of the community instruments, they are invisible on Air Player.

Another problem I have now run across with the new updates is instruments will work on my laptop Air Manager 4.02, and the same instrument would not work on Air Player 4.02.

Anyone having issues with instruments not working on both platforms? Running Xplane 11.53 and Windows 10, latest Windows update.

old pilot guy

#30 Post by old pilot guy »

I have 5 encoders in a separate instrument module with an Arduino Nano. Interior lighting on the ZIbo- created code in AM running on sim pc. Instrument works fine in AM. Not running anything in AM.
No problem with the code. Cloned the instrument to a new panel in AP on a networked pc. AP sees the Arduino but the instrument will not run even thought it is set to launch when running that plane. I am also running a stock panel
on a separate monitor in AP without problems. In the edit/create tab I can run the instrument in AP. I know you can "push" the instrument to AP from AM but the whole purpose of running this instrument is not to have to open AM each time. I have read about this problem in the forum before. Anything new?