G1000 overlay (and many others) not showing in Air Player

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

uptimist

G1000 overlay (and many others) not showing in Air Player

#1 Post by uptimist »

I can't get anything to show when I run the G1000 overlay in Air Player (version 4.0). Has anyone tried this?

I created a panel in Air Manager, with 2 x G1000. This displays and works fine on that PC.

I cloned that panel to Air Player (separate PC). When I show the panel, I just get a dark screen.

I also tried creating a new blank panel under Air Player device, added G1000 to that, but it still just shows a black screen.

Doing some further investigation I found most instruments will not display, just a few generic ones like those on the demo panel.

Am I doing something wrong?

Keith Baxter

Re: G1000 overlay (and many others) not showing in Air Player

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

uptimist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:01 am I can't get anything to show when I run the G1000 overlay in Air Player (version 4.0). Has anyone tried this?

I created a panel in Air Manager, with 2 x G1000. This displays and works fine on that PC.

I cloned that panel to Air Player (separate PC). When I show the panel, I just get a dark screen.

I also tried creating a new blank panel under Air Player device, added G1000 to that, but it still just shows a black screen.

Doing some further investigation I found most instruments will not display, just a few generic ones like those on the demo panel.

Hi,
Is this with the new Airplayer licence for AM4?

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

If they are self made instruments/custom instruments, did you push them to Air Player through the Create Edit tab?

uptimist

#4 Post by uptimist »

Keith Baxter wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:30 am
uptimist wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:01 am I can't get anything to show when I run the G1000 overlay in Air Player (version 4.0). Has anyone tried this?

Hi,
Is this with the new Airplayer licence for AM4?

Keith
Yes

uptimist

#5 Post by uptimist »

Ralph wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:33 am If they are self made instruments/custom instruments, did you push them to Air Player through the Create Edit tab?
No, didn’t know I needed to do that. I didn’t make the instruments myself, they came from community list, but presumably they were not made by you guys.

nwmart

#6 Post by nwmart »

I also seem to be having this issue for all premade or community panels and instruments. I can only see the background colors - both on air manager desktop and pi versions. It is like the panels/instruments are hidden behind the background, but I can't "move to front". Tried to use push in create/edit, no luck. Seems like i'm missing something simple here, but I'm stumped.

Edit* Demo instruments I can get to show up, but no other prebuilt instruments will show.

Double Edit* Somehow license got unactivated and I did not notice. I reactivated and everything works.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

That was gonna be my second guess, no license.

During beta testing we noticed that Air Player sometimes deletes the license. But it went away, and we were never able to reproduce this again. In theory it might still be in there, so please let us know if it happens again.

uptimist

#8 Post by uptimist »

Yep, I had deactivated license, all fixed and working now, thanks.