Airplayer standalone programmed from AM on another PC not on the network?

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

Airplayer standalone programmed from AM on another PC not on the network?

#1 Post by JackZ »

Hello

A question about Air Player

A friend of mine needs to run a specific panel including a specially developed instrument as standalone on his sim, without any knowledge of AM.
I suggested him to buy AirPlayer for desktop and thought I could perhaps « program » once his Airplayer version with the proper panel using my own version of Air Manager, and then send the «  loaded » AP to him run it as standalone afterwards, but I am not sure it is possible. Of course, I am asking this because he lives 400kms away and I can’t simply go to his house with AM on my laptop, connect to his network and program AP from there.

Can we send a panel to AP using say a command line parameter and a Siff package, or is there another solution to avoid buying AM plus AP specifically for this standalone version, as all the advanced features of AM will never be used in his case?

Maybe a licence transfer, once AP has been programmed, but it is cumbersome to say the least...
Thanks

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

JackZ

Re: Airplayer standalone programmed from AM on another PC not on the network?

#2 Post by JackZ »

Up for @Ralph

Thanks

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

There are a couple of problems you'll run into.
- You can only configure Air Player from Air Manager, unless you start modifying the SQLite file by hand, but that can be quite a cumbersome job.
- If you would build the Air Player panel on your PC and move the folder to his PC, then the license file is for your PC and will be withdrawn on his PC.
- The credentials will be your credentials, so they will not work with his license. It will only work if the license is on your account.

The least difficult solution would be for you to bring your PC or laptop to him, have Air Player on your account, activate the license and configure Air Player.
But if he would for example change something in his hardware setup, the license would have to be reset and activated. So you'll be driving that 800 km again.

Maybe the fuel is really cheap there, but here in the Netherlands driving 800 km would be far more expensive than buying an Air Manager license :lol:

JackZ

#4 Post by JackZ »

@Ralph
Okay, so I gather that the best is for him to buy Air player AND Air manager, even it's only for one shot.

The fact is that guy is installing turnkey sim for clients and he just wanted to have a standalone gauge on his client sim.
Gauge that I am supposed to develop for him, so I was wondering about the best solution to implement this.

What I understand, is that in this specific case, he will have to install both AM and AP on the client's computer, program Air Player from Am from there, then remove AM afterwards, correct?

Thanks for the info

Jacques