Air Manager on computer 1 don't see Air Player on computer 2, but Air player sees the sim running on computer 1

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

TheWingedViking

Air Manager on computer 1 don't see Air Player on computer 2, but Air player sees the sim running on computer 1

#1 Post by TheWingedViking »

after having not used Air Manager for a couple of months and reinstalling windows on my avionics computer i am having problems getting Air manager to detect Air Player. Both computers are able to ping each other and other programs like STKP works fine but not Air manager and player

both computers has for the sake of this test had all anti virus and firewall settings set to off. Both computers are on the same subnet and connected to a Netgear AC1900 WIFI access Point with ethernet. i have read in the wiki that WIFI repeaters can cause problems but i had this exact configuration working for over a year before

Ralph

Re: Air Manager on computer 1 don't see Air Player on computer 2, but Air player sees the sim running on computer 1

#2 Post by Ralph »

Nothing really changed on that level, so I would suspect a network issue. You can have a look in the log.txt for both applications to see if there are any error messages.
The log.txt can be found in C:/users/your username/Air Manager/ and C:/users/your username/Air Player/

TheWingedViking

Re: Air Manager on computer 1 don't see Air Player on computer 2, but Air player sees the sim running on computer 1

#3 Post by TheWingedViking »

logAM.txt
(469 Bytes) Downloaded 197 times
Attachments
logAP.txt
(413 Bytes) Downloaded 194 times

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

They were not able to contact each other. Windows introduced some restrictions in networking lately, that might have to do with it. In any way it's something network related. Note that a ping doesn't say that much.
What you can always do to make sure is install Air Player on the same computer as Air Manager and start it, you should see Air Player appear in Air Manager. Or try to eliminate the Wi-Fi access point.