Air Player vs Air Manager?

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

richdmoore

Re: Air Player vs Air Manager?

#11 Post by richdmoore »

Just to piggy back off of this discussion, I have a similar concern.

1. I have a Mac with both bootcamp windows 10 and macOS. I currently have air manager set up to run on the macOS side. Can I also set it up to run on the windows side (same iMac/hardware, different os) using the same license, or am I required to get two licenses, one for each OS in my computer?

2. Is the air player for raspberry pi linked the same way as the pcversion? I have a raspberry pi 3 I am using for now, but wish to upgrade at some point to a raspberry pi 4 (once mouse support is hopefully enabled for that version) and would love just to swap the card to the new pi with no extra setup

I assume that like air player pc, the pi software is hardware locked so will have to deregister before the swap then reregister afterward?). Not a huge deal, but I can see these cheap computers are cheap enough to swap out regularly for the newest models.)

jonnycat

Re: Air Player vs Air Manager?

#12 Post by jonnycat »

From this thread (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3200) it appears that one can de-activate a license on a particular device so that you can use that license on another device.

Is this the way the license works for both Air Manager and Air Player? In other words, you can use it on an unlimited number of devices, providing that you only have the license attached to three at any one time?