Custom Panel creation for the Carenado SR22

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jplewis02

Custom Panel creation for the Carenado SR22

#1 Post by jplewis02 »

I've been dabbling in Air Manager for the past few weeks to learn about the software and programming panels. I have an idea for a custom panel for my current aircraft weapon of choice the Carenado Cirus SR22. It is not necessarily an ideal conadidate you might think due to the Custom G1000 implementation. I have certainly not found all the idiosyncracies but my testing tonight revealed almost nothing with the Carenado G1000 implementation that could not be achiveved using the Air Manager G1000 instruments in the Cirus Vision. On the Switch panel only the Avionics switch could not be controlled on the A.M. panel a little reprogramming will fix that later. I'm would think I am far from the first person to either discover this or to attempt to repurpose the panel instruments for the SR22. A question before I get too deep in this project. Am I missing something in this that would make this unworkable? OR this a natural path to go down? I've looked at the DATAREFS and I am seeing very little in the way of customization from Carenado so despite the awkward graphics the rest looks pretty stock.

I plan to tear out several of the Vision instrument to replace them with more touch friendly switches / instruments. At this point I'm less concerned with construction of visibly identical controls than I am with Generic easy to edit and implement touch friendly UI controls.

Keith Baxter

Re: Custom Panel creation for the Carenado SR22

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

There was another discussion on this forum regarding the keyboard on the SR22 a few weeks back. At this time this is not possible with xplane standard datarefs. I did send a query to LR and request these datarefs become available and the answer back was that the request was in the pipeline. So how far away we are from seeing those datarefs is anyone guess.

It may well be that Carenado have custom datarefs for this that will make the keyboard implementation easy.
To recreate a G1000 is also not possable at this time in Air Manager. The NAV data is not available. It is expected sometime down the line. Maybe to the later part in AM4.
You still have the option of popping out the xplane G1000 till these features become available.

For the rest all is possible in creating panels and hardware instruments.

You will get assistance from the community here.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card