Having an issue after update

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

buckshot

Having an issue after update

#1 Post by buckshot »

I have updated Airmanger the plugin and Airplay. My issue is Airplay wont stay running on the machine it is on.Its a laptop with window 8. It worked fine before the update. But i have air manger running on my main pc it see's xplane fine . It wont see airplayer under devices anymore like before. Then the laptop runs Airplay and it will launch it but then after a few seconds it is not running anymore. I see the airplay icon in the taskbar but when i my mouse over it is not there. I have checked in the task manager and Airplay is not running. I see no updates needed on the laptop i have looked .Is the current airplay version not able to run on windows 8 anymore after the update? Other programs launch fine.

Appreciate any in site thank you.

SimPassion

Re: Having an issue after update

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Try to exclude both "bootloader.exe" and airplayer.exe" processes name from any realtime security tool scan

Gilles

buckshot

#3 Post by buckshot »

SimPassion wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:24 am Try to exclude both "bootloader.exe" and airplayer.exe" processes name from any realtime security tool scan

Gilles
The system that has Airplayer on it just uses defender.I have put the above in the exceptions . It is still doing the same.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Try rebooting the laptop and check again

Gilles

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

Additionally, did you see any log for AppCrash in Windows Event Viewer ?
what is the Air Player Log.txt saying ? (located in user profile Air Player folder)

Gilles

Corjan

#6 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It seems like for some reason Air Player is crashing on booting up.

It is a bit tricky to figure out why this happens. You can do two things:
- Rename the 'C:\Users\%user_name%\Air Player' folder. This will make Air Player start from scretch.
- If you let me, I can remotely connect to your computer and try to figure out why it crashes exactly. Please send me a message to 'corjan@siminnovations.com' if you want me to.

Corjan

buckshot

#7 Post by buckshot »

SimPassion wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:31 am Additionally, did you see any log for AppCrash in Windows Event Viewer ?
what is the Air Player Log.txt saying ? (located in user profile Air Player folder)

Gilles
The airplayer log shows nothing just the version info. Windows event viewer shows this:

Faulting application name: AirPlayer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ebc14b2
Faulting module name: AirPlayer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ebc14b2
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0008d0b7
Faulting process id: 0x1954
Faulting application start time: 0x01d629f533a50246
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Air Player\AirPlayer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Air Player\AirPlayer.exe
Report Id: 720235d5-95e8-11ea-bf1c-240a6425f3fe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I also changed the folder name and tried again same issue I tried running airplayer on my main pc and it runs fine on there. It is this laptop where the issue persists. Is airplayer not windows 8 compatible after the udate?

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

I've missed one thing, try also to exclude javaw.exe process name from real time scan in Defender

Gilles

[EDIT] Forget this, there's no need for Air Player

buckshot

#9 Post by buckshot »

SimPassion wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:14 pm I've missed one thing, try also to exclude javaw.exe process name from real time scan in Defender

Gilles

[EDIT] Forget this, there's no need for Air Player
i tried this also and the issue persists.

SimPassion

#10 Post by SimPassion »

I think it's better to follow @Corjan advice to perform a remote session on your laptop
This way he had already helped a lot of simmers here, by finding and fixing the issues

Gilles