Having an issue after update

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

buckshot

Re: Having an issue after update

#11 Post by buckshot »

SimPassion wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:21 pm I think it's better to follow @Corjan advice to perform a remote session on your laptop
This way he had already helped a lot of simmers here, by finding and fixing the issues

Gilles
Sure how do i go about doing that? I have tried to submit a ticket it wont log me on. I have tried to get a password reset the site gives this message:
Notice
SMTP Error! Could not authenticate.

Error
Failed sending email
Then i have tried to click the register for an account and it just bring you to the same page to login or forgot password ?? I have emailed the company now through the contact info email address on the web page. I appreciate the help. Should i just pm Corjan ?

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

Corjan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:18 am Hi,

It seems like for some reason Air Player is crashing on booting up.

It is a bit tricky to figure out why this happens. You can do two things:
- Rename the 'C:\Users\%user_name%\Air Player' folder. This will make Air Player start from scretch.
- If you let me, I can remotely connect to your computer and try to figure out why it crashes exactly. Please send me a message to 'corjan@siminnovations.com' if you want me to.

Corjan
@Corjan already posted his email

Gilles

buckshot

#13 Post by buckshot »

SimPassion wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:38 pm
Corjan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:18 am Hi,

It seems like for some reason Air Player is crashing on booting up.

It is a bit tricky to figure out why this happens. You can do two things:
- Rename the 'C:\Users\%user_name%\Air Player' folder. This will make Air Player start from scretch.
- If you let me, I can remotely connect to your computer and try to figure out why it crashes exactly. Please send me a message to 'corjan@siminnovations.com' if you want me to.

Corjan
@Corjan already posted his email

Gilles
Sorry i didnt see that thank you i have emailed him. I appreciate the help.

SimPassion

#14 Post by SimPassion »

You're welcome

Gilles

buckshot

#15 Post by buckshot »

Have submitted a support ticket.Hard to get help with the time change. I take it they are closed over the weekends also? I did what the suggested in this thread and over the ticket rename the folder and try again that did nothing as before. If there is any other suggestions that anyone has from here that i can also try while i wait for support answers i am willing to try them.

buckshot

#16 Post by buckshot »

Update i have installed windows 10 on the laptop now and airplayer launches and stays running (YAY). However i am running into another issue now. Airmanger under devices just shows an ip address i cannot do anything within the options when i click on that ip address wihin Airmanger/devices?

buckshot

#17 Post by buckshot »

And final update problem solved network detection was a problem i have it all working finally. Thanks for the help. Allthough the take away from it all seems that airplayer is just not compatible with windows 8.1 after the update.

GoodSim

#18 Post by GoodSim »

Forget Windows 8! What about Windows 7 !!!!!!! ? :roll: