Confusing Air Player Activation

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

scottwbennett

Confusing Air Player Activation

#1 Post by scottwbennett »

I couldn't get air player to run on my networked computer. I looked up the support video which demonstrated activation of the client (air player) on the master device (running air manager). I misunderstood and activated a copy of air player on the host/master machine, the one with air manager running on it! ;-)

I don't understand why you would allow "activation" of the client that is running on the same machine as the host anyway!

Anyhow, I was able to get air player running on the slave machine by closing x-plane on both computers. Now I do see the client machine running air player - as a device - in the air manager interface!

I've uninstalled air player from the master machine - the one with Air Manager but now I can't activate it because it is linked to the master!! What I don't understand is why you would allow the client to be licensed to the master machine in the first place!!!! What is the possible use of the client - Air Player - being used on the host that requires Air Manager to install it?

Please help me and others to manage the activation assignment themselves.

Now, I have submitted a support ticket to ask if I can have the activation changed but it would save you, me and everybody else - with the same issue - a lot of time, if you would do one simple thing; make it impossible to activate the client when it is linked to the host machine!

Please! ;-)

cheers,

Scott

Sling

Re: Confusing Air Player Activation

#2 Post by Sling »

Scott,

That’s a very valid point. What I can tell you is when I wanted to test AP I wanted it on the host for ease of use and because st the time I didn’t have another suitable machine I wanted to put it on. I think in the majority of cases you are right but this is probably better fixed by improving the install instructions and perhaps adding some warnings into the process so it’s much much clearer rather than forcing a remote install.

You will get the licence reset. Hopefully it will be soon and you can continue.

Tony

scottwbennett

#3 Post by scottwbennett »

Thank you Sling, I did wonder - after I had posted above - if there might be a good reason to run AP on the AM - host machine but understood that anybody reading would still probably understand my frustration too.

cheers,

Scott

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

That might indeed be a nice addition.
For now, your license has been reset.

Corjan

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Note by the way that AM 3.7 allows the user to reset a license, also AP licenses.

So I guess that kinda resolves this anyways,

Corjan

scottwbennett

#6 Post by scottwbennett »

Cheers! Thanks for the prompt response and replies.

Scott