Unable to activate Air Player

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

STICK-N-RUDDER

Unable to activate Air Player

#1 Post by STICK-N-RUDDER »

I am unable to activate my Air Player. When I press the "Activate" Button I get the following Error Message: "FAILED TO LOG-IN - COULDN'T RESOLVE HOST NAME". I have verified that my Log-in Email Address and Password are correct. I have no difficulty logging into Air Manager and that appears to be running fine. Help please!

Corjan

Re: Unable to activate Air Player

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

That is weird. It seems like there might be an issue between your computer and our web server.
Do you have any VPN server, internet security program etc. that might block traffic?

Corjan

STICK-N-RUDDER

#3 Post by STICK-N-RUDDER »

Hi -
No, I don't have a VPN running, or any Antivirus or Malware Program other than Windows Defender for Windows 10 Professional. Investigating a little more, shows that my Wireless Router may be dropping off line periodically. I need to check this out a little better and then I'll Post my findings. I'm tied up for the next couple of days, but Wednesday looks like it could be a possibly to run this down further. Thank you for your reply!

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

No rush off course. Please let me know if you manage to find something that might help solve this puzzle :)

Corjan

STICK-N-RUDDER

#5 Post by STICK-N-RUDDER »

Hello to all that have responded to this post -
I apologize for not getting back sooner, but I have been tied up with a home remodeling project that has taken up most of my spare time!
I am happy to report that the issue with Air Player Activation appears to be solved! As I suspected at the time, the problem was in my WiFi connection supplied by my Cable provider. After several attempts to fix the problem myself, I finally gave them a call and they sent a Technician to analyze the issue. He found an intermittent drop-off of the WiFi connection through the Cable Router (which was replaced). This did not solve the problem completely either, although the signal strength did increase a bit. Further analysis by the "techie" disclosed that the issue appeared to be coming from some sort of switching device in one of their off-site Cable boxes. It seemed that they had been getting calls from some of my neighbors as well, and they had been working the issue for some time. After some extended time they were able to find the offending device/switch, and then replaced it with a new one. Everything appears to be normal now, and I am able to Activate Air Player. Thank you to all that responded with suggestions! - Vic -