Trouble connecting to Air Player

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Trouble connecting to Air Player

#21 Post by Sling »

wreck1463 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:27 pm I do have the latest plugin installed on my computer that runs P3d.
both IPv4 addresses are the same until the last digits. One is .66 and the other is .67
Both have the same subnet mask. The only difference I see is under the default gateway line, there are two things listed. A bunch of letters and numbers with colons between them, and the last 7 digits are different between the two computers. The IP address listed on the next line are the same for both computers.
They sound like MAC addresses. Can you post a screen shot of this page.

SimPassion

#22 Post by SimPassion »

wreck1463 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:58 am Ok, disabled IPv6, rebooted both PCs and the router. No change. Tried disabling both firewalls again, no change. Still works only in the manual connection mode (with or without the firewalls enabled).
@wreck1463

Have you tried to check if there's any rule enabled on router to filter ports allowed (perhaps in services tab) ?

Gilles

SimPassion

#23 Post by SimPassion »

Could you post again your ipconfig after having disabled the IPV6 ?

Gilles

SimPassion

#24 Post by SimPassion »

@wreck1463
Additionally you should try to reinstall the plugin still having IPV6 disabled and check again

Gilles

wreck1463

#25 Post by wreck1463 »

I reinstalled air player and the plugin. While installing, I noticed it isn't seeing P3d 4 in the registry location. I'll look into that, but in the meantime here is a screenshot.
Untitled4.png
Attachments
Untitled.png

SimPassion

#26 Post by SimPassion »

No worry it has installed properly and the IP config seems clear now

Gilles

wreck1463

#27 Post by wreck1463 »

So after those steps, it still wasn't connecting. I had another issue (that I'm quite certain wasn't related) with windows, and I was getting frustrated. SO, I completely wiped my windows installation and everything else. (Probably 10 years worth of program installations and windows upgrades) I installed Nvidia drivers first, FSUIPC, and then your plugins and airplayer. VOILA! It's connecting as you say it should.
Who knows what was causing my problem, it could've been anything from my past windows installations, but for the moment it all is working. I'll let you know if I figure out what blocks it from my future installations of virus software, etc.
Thank you all for the help, and I'm sorry it was in vain!
Mark

Sling

#28 Post by Sling »

Good news Mark. I know its annoying when things should work but for some strange reason they just won't. I personally think its a good idea to start a fresh from time to time to get rid of all those bits of crap lurking in the shadows. Remember to use restore points or another backup method as you re-install the Apps just in case it was one of them causing the issue.

Tony

SimPassion

#29 Post by SimPassion »

Hello Mark @wreck1463

Nice it works eventually, but rather sorry it gave you so much work to fix the situation
Enjoy flying using Air Manager instruments !

Gilles

wreck1463

#30 Post by wreck1463 »

Oddly enough, I'm wondering if it was restore points causing the problem. I had an issue with an error message trying to reinstall drivers a little while ago that I fixed (I think) by using a restore point. Maybe not everything got "restored" 😁
I absolutely will be using restore points in the future though.
Thanks again to everyone for working with me!