Panel Update

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

BW901

Panel Update

#1 Post by BW901 »

Is there an alternative way of transferring panels from Air Manager to Air Player on another PC?

The success rate in update is awful and it's very fustrating having communication failure after communication failure mid transfer - after half an hour of failures I've given up, and this is a regular occurrence. It would be great if we had the ability to say to Air Player add or update only a specific panel, and so avoid having to update every single panel and instrument available on Air Player. Alternatively being able to manually copy and paste files straight into Air Player would be handy.
Cheers
Jon

BW901

Re: Panel Update

#2 Post by BW901 »

I'm guessing the answer to my question is "No"?

Unfortunately AM is useless right now as it's impossible to transfer panels to Air Player without getting the following message "A communication problem accoured while sending data to the device"

I wonder whether a separate license for a full AM installation on the other PC would work as presumably one could then copy and paste files between the AM directories on each machine, but that means spending money to make something I've already paid for work. :cry:

I would appreciate any help. I should be developing gauges, not pulling my hair out! Mind you my garden will benefit from a lack of sim activity.
Jon

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi Jon,

Sorry for not responding to your first post! I guess this one kinda flew under the radar (mine at least).

There is a manual way to copy instruments from AM to AP.

With Air Manager, instruments are stored here:
C:\Users\%username%\Air manager\instruments\OPEN_DIRECTORY

For Air Player, instruments are stored here:
C:\Users\%username%\Air Player\instruments\OPEN_DIRECTORY

You can manually copy instruments from one folder to another, make sure that AM and AP are not running.
Also, there are the windows paths, they might looks a bit different on other platforms. On what platform are you running AM and AP?

But, more importantly, I would like to get to the source why communication keeps failing for you.
Would you mind sending me the log file of both AM (C:\Users\%username%\Air manager\log.txt) and AP (C:\Users\%username%\Air Player\log.txt)?

Sorry for all the hair pulling :)

Corjan

BW901

#4 Post by BW901 »

Hi Corjan, thanks for the reply.

I had actually copied the Air Manager Instruments files across to Air Player, as you suggest below, but they weren't recognised by Air Player, so I thought that wasn't a viable option.

In the end I actually went and bought a second copy of Air Manager and put that on my other computer. Transferring files worked perfectly and it seems to be a better solution overall, AM is running much more smoothly than Air Player ever did, and the desktop transparency issues are gone. Perhaps there was an issue with the Air Player installation (it had been updated to latest version) but from my perspective I'm going to ditch Air Player, shame it was a waste and didn't work for me, but c'est la vie.

Personally I would prefer that you had a price discount system for Air Manager for 2nd and 3rd copies bought, it's a much more flexible solution using the full software than Air Player.

Jon