Windows XP compatibilty

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Mg-K

Windows XP compatibilty

#1 Post by Mg-K »

I want to reduce workload from my Flight Sim PC.
So I am considering whether to buy Air Player Desktop for use on an older XP-PC (32bit).

Here my question: Is Air Player running on XP (32 bit)?

Ralph

Re: Windows XP compatibilty

#2 Post by Ralph »

I think that Java isn't officially supported anymore on Windows XP, so you'll have to go trough some hoops to make it work. Also, it would be good to know if your videocard supports at least OpenGL 2.0.

You can install Air Manager and start it, it'll run in demo mode with 6 demo instruments.

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Actually, since Air Player does not use java, it will probably work.
But note that we have never tested it, and if it works, cannot guarantee that it will stay working.

We can refund you license if you cannot get it to work though, if you feel lucky :)

Corjan

Mg-K

#4 Post by Mg-K »

Hi,
I tried with the demo version. Installation seemed to be ok. However, when I tried to start air player, the result was a windows error message (...no valid 32 bit application...).
Second attempt was on an old laptop (also XP 32 bit) with the same result.

So I skipt my basic intention to use old PCs.
Instead of that I bought a license for the Rasberry Pi and I can assure, that really runs wonderful.

Thank you for discussion. From my point of view the topic may be closed.

MG

RuneENHD

#5 Post by RuneENHD »

Hey there, I just went through this same process, wanting to run a bigger display screen 25-27" 2560x1440, for my main MIP computer(Laptop only had a old HDMI max 1080p res out option) ;)
I upgraded (Installed from scratch) with a USB memory stick using a downloaded ESD licence ISO of Windows 7 64bit

I also had Windows XP 32 bit (Microsoft OEM-License DVD), there is practically "no support out there" for old hardware right now(had A LOT of issues with network card with XP.. no internet connection.. was the WORST ,no Chrome reader.. a lot of security issues..also )
So I went and upgraded my old Abit ip-35 motherboard computer to Windows 7 64bit, but it was a bit complicated this way.. compared to a DVD, but you have to google a lot... :?

just my two cents... ;) I did NOT use the official DVD install tool for the ISO , could not get it to write bootable section for the install.. :roll:

Regards RuneENHD