Custom Panels not feeding to AP

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: Ralph, russ

Ralph

Re: Custom Panels not feeding to AP

#11 Post by Ralph » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:30 am

I can send my own panel(s), but like you said, it does not show 'personal' instruments. It has been added to the to-do list.

a13

#12 Post by a13 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi,
any updates on this, because it seems i have the same behavior?

Air Manager is 4.0.0 on 10.45.3.8
Air Player is 4.0.1 on 10.45.3.1
X-Plane is up to date with Plug-In 3.5 on 10.45.3.7

Firewall is off (and configured later to accept incoming traffic on TCP/UDP) for this tests.

When i clone a working panel to Air Player the panel is visible and seems to be started (the SI Logo appears on all 20 places where a instrument should appear)
All instruments and positions are with correct values in the AM, but visible is only the instrument panel ASPEN and one standby ATR 72-500 - RMI.
My instruments are not visible.
After mounting the folder OPEN-DIRECTORY from Air Manager PC and copying the instruments manually to the Player PC the panel shows up.
Solved for the moment ;-)
But i understood the basic concept of Manager and Player different: Developing on the Manager side and publish the complete panel to the Player.
Am i wrong?

All the best
Stefan

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:57 am

Not totally sure what you mean, but isn't this what you're looking for?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... Air_Player

a13

#14 Post by a13 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:04 am

Hi Ralph,
thanks for the link. Is it true, that i have to push my (personal) instruments manually to Air Player every time i changed something in Air Manager?
Could this be automated (all instruments in a panel at once) in the future?

Best regards
Stefan

freedom

#15 Post by freedom » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 am

The bug of options not saved in Air Player remain unfixed. Please address. Right now I will have to copy the preference file from AM to AP manually to preserve my preference

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:57 pm

I think that might be a bug in your configuration. We haven't been able to reproduce this and neither do I know about any other people who experience the same thing.

Stefan, how would Air Player know that something changed?

a13

#17 Post by a13 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 am

Hi Ralph,
you are right, that could be difficult to implement (timestamps, CRC and so on).
But it would be great to be able to publish/push/clone to (or whatever you like) a complete panel prepared on the Air Manager side to the player, instead of manually push (in my case) 20 instruments to the player.

But i think you get used to it. And the changes are getting less with the development.
Best regards
Stefan

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:25 am

It's indeed possible, as software like Dropbox does it. But that's quite a challenge.
Maybe you are not aware that you can multi select instruments and push them all at once?

Moonpilot

#19 Post by Moonpilot » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Air Manager home Version 4.02
Air Player Version 4.02
Xplane 11 - current - Digital Key Version

Air Player unable to receive custom images designed as backgrounds in Air Manager.. Understand this is a bug in the latest Version of Air Player 4.02. All instruments that I use so far can be uploaded or fed to Air Player, just unable to feed custom background images to eliminate the use of too many panels to create a click through panel. I am happy to see it is not only me having this issue, I think the new and improved version of Air Player is well done and hopefully this bug will be rectified soon.. I know the boys at Sim Innovations must be working around the clock to produce a better product with the ability to accomodate all the sim users....Hats off to the boys at Sim Innovations