Custom Panels not feeding to AP

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Custom Panels not feeding to AP

#11 Post by Ralph »

I can send my own panel(s), but like you said, it does not show 'personal' instruments. It has been added to the to-do list.

a13

#12 Post by a13 »

Hi,
any updates on this, because it seems i have the same behavior?

Air Manager is 4.0.0 on 10.45.3.8
Air Player is 4.0.1 on 10.45.3.1
X-Plane is up to date with Plug-In 3.5 on 10.45.3.7

Firewall is off (and configured later to accept incoming traffic on TCP/UDP) for this tests.

When i clone a working panel to Air Player the panel is visible and seems to be started (the SI Logo appears on all 20 places where a instrument should appear)
All instruments and positions are with correct values in the AM, but visible is only the instrument panel ASPEN and one standby ATR 72-500 - RMI.
My instruments are not visible.
After mounting the folder OPEN-DIRECTORY from Air Manager PC and copying the instruments manually to the Player PC the panel shows up.
Solved for the moment ;-)
But i understood the basic concept of Manager and Player different: Developing on the Manager side and publish the complete panel to the Player.
Am i wrong?

All the best
Stefan

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

Not totally sure what you mean, but isn't this what you're looking for?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... Air_Player

a13

#14 Post by a13 »

Hi Ralph,
thanks for the link. Is it true, that i have to push my (personal) instruments manually to Air Player every time i changed something in Air Manager?
Could this be automated (all instruments in a panel at once) in the future?

Best regards
Stefan

freedom

#15 Post by freedom »

The bug of options not saved in Air Player remain unfixed. Please address. Right now I will have to copy the preference file from AM to AP manually to preserve my preference

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

I think that might be a bug in your configuration. We haven't been able to reproduce this and neither do I know about any other people who experience the same thing.

Stefan, how would Air Player know that something changed?

a13

#17 Post by a13 »

Hi Ralph,
you are right, that could be difficult to implement (timestamps, CRC and so on).
But it would be great to be able to publish/push/clone to (or whatever you like) a complete panel prepared on the Air Manager side to the player, instead of manually push (in my case) 20 instruments to the player.

But i think you get used to it. And the changes are getting less with the development.
Best regards
Stefan

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

It's indeed possible, as software like Dropbox does it. But that's quite a challenge.
Maybe you are not aware that you can multi select instruments and push them all at once?

Moonpilot

#19 Post by Moonpilot »

Air Manager home Version 4.02
Air Player Version 4.02
Xplane 11 - current - Digital Key Version

Air Player unable to receive custom images designed as backgrounds in Air Manager.. Understand this is a bug in the latest Version of Air Player 4.02. All instruments that I use so far can be uploaded or fed to Air Player, just unable to feed custom background images to eliminate the use of too many panels to create a click through panel. I am happy to see it is not only me having this issue, I think the new and improved version of Air Player is well done and hopefully this bug will be rectified soon.. I know the boys at Sim Innovations must be working around the clock to produce a better product with the ability to accomodate all the sim users....Hats off to the boys at Sim Innovations

old pilot guy

#20 Post by old pilot guy »

Has this issue been resolved? AM 4.02 , AP current, and plugin also current. Custom panels show up in AM and run fine. Same panels will not run on AP.
Problem is not with the network or the custom panels. Verified as all other panels work fine.