PFD and ND for B738-800 ZIBOmod

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

cenda737

Re: PFD and ND for B738-800 ZIBOmod

#101 Post by cenda737 »

Thks a lot! Your work is much appreciated!

Fscenes

#102 Post by Fscenes »

Aloha All,

Outstanding stuff, but I am having issues. Guess I am confused on the Zibo model to ND and PFD versions, EFIS seems to work fine. Using the latest Zibo model on the Beta 3.3 AM, with the 3.3 PFD and NA. The PFD numbers appear to be writing over other numbers, ie Alt, Elevation, speed. It never wakes up after the Zibo aligns. The ND just never wakes up once the Zibo aligns. So I guess the "question is" is what versions of all the "bits" is everyone using to get it all working. Not complaining at all, just a bit confused to why I am not getting it to go. I have run the baron demo panels etc to verify firewalls, ports, etc.

Mahalo,

Gary

jedeen

#103 Post by jedeen »

Fscenes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 am Aloha All,

Outstanding stuff, but I am having issues. Guess I am confused on the Zibo model to ND and PFD versions, EFIS seems to work fine. Using the latest Zibo model on the Beta 3.3 AM, with the 3.3 PFD and NA. The PFD numbers appear to be writing over other numbers, ie Alt, Elevation, speed. It never wakes up after the Zibo aligns. The ND just never wakes up once the Zibo aligns. So I guess the "question is" is what versions of all the "bits" is everyone using to get it all working. Not complaining at all, just a bit confused to why I am not getting it to go. I have run the baron demo panels etc to verify firewalls, ports, etc.

Mahalo,

Gary
Hello Gary,
I don't know what your problems are. I just started the PFD and the ND in 2 instances of AM3.3beta and all are functioning perfect.
Maybe you can try to start the PFD and the ND after aligning. The PFD is not updated for a quit a while, I think it was last updated in december.
See attached picture. You should use the red marked instruments.
I hope this is helpful
Have fun
Jedeen
Attachments
ToUse.jpg

Fscenes

#104 Post by Fscenes »

Aloha Jedeen,

Still trying to run both the PFD and ND per your suggestions, using the newest Zibo update on the AM 3.3 Beta. I tried Mongoose's PFD and ND working under same Mod and Beta, and those are working fine so not sure what I have buggered up, I reloaded the ones you highlighted and reassembled the panel. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Mahalo's,
Gary

jedeen

#105 Post by jedeen »

Hey Gary,
I never assembled the two instruments into one panel. Everyday my instruments change, so that's to much work.
Try to start just one, f.i. the PFD.
When that is not working, download the latest AM plugin for XP, from here:
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... =Main_Page
Use " BETA version "
Mind you....when installing that plugin, XP and AM should not be running !!!!!!!!!
Have fun
Jedeen

Fscenes

#106 Post by Fscenes »

Aloha Jedeen,

Just a follow up, all my AM is up to speed, latest Beta and Plug in. I did get the 201a ND to work, no luck yet with the 301a. PFD still hung, never get the image of the artificial horizon, or appears to wake up. Even if I start AM after alignment, almost like I am not communicating with it. But some things work, Baro, HDG, etc. Works for a lot of people so I am just going to keep tweaking on my end :-). Thanks again for all your time.

Mahalo,
Gary

jedeen

#107 Post by jedeen »

Strange....very very strange :oops:
Please keep me updated.......maybe there is something in the code that can be done better.
The next update for the ND for instance involves replacing of 1500 lines of code for just 80 lines, thanks to the new canvas feature in AM. :D
And I am experimenting now with curved lines on the ND, also due to the new canvas thingy in AM3.3beta
Have fun
Jedeen

Sling

#108 Post by Sling »

Wow Derk 1500 down to 80 that is some saving right there. It sounds like your having fun with the new canvas tools.

Tony

jedeen

#109 Post by jedeen »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yep.........but it is simple.
with the old method I had to use a single image for, lets say, every waypoint, and the accompanied arrays.
So I had 70 images for the white star waypoints, 70 images for the magenta star waypoints, 70 images for the white fly over waypoints,
and 70 images for the magenta fly over waypoints, same for the lines.
And this times three for each page, that's only for the waypoints already 1050 lines, only for the waypoints !!!!!!

And now with that canvas line feature, I need just 16 lines to draw one star, put it in a for loop and presto........I can produce as many
white star waypoints as I needed. Same for the lines between the waypoints.

Although, I am working now on those curved lines between the waypoints......but that is a lot more work than I had aspected

Thanks for the post Sling,
Have fun
Derk

maxmotoring

#110 Post by maxmotoring »

Hello jedeen,

It´s been a while with no updates, are you planning something?

Cheers,

max