ATR Guages Engines and systems

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jml79

Re: ATR Guages Engines and systems

#11 Post by jml79 »

Finally the basic engine instruments are done. I've changed the font of the digital readout to display a 7 segment LCD like the original and I've included 4 different bezel colours plus the instrument is separate from the bezel so a quick edit to the logic script will change or remove the bezel. I made the oil temp and pressure gauge based on the real ATR gauge and to make it work there are multipliers in the logic code. You may have to adjust these so that the normal values reported by the model you fly match the values of a real ATR. Currently the multipliers match the VirtualCol ATR-42 in the FSX code and the freeware ATR-42 from X-Plane.org in the XPL code. The fuel used at the bottom of the Fuel Flow gauge works but it may display negative values until engine start under XP.

I've uploaded them using the new submit feature in version 2.1.1
Attachments
atr_post_2.jpg

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

Got them, great! I will upload all submitted instruments on Tuesday. Good thing we got the new online store system :) Got about 20~30 new instruments coming up.
About the negative fuel flow, why not put a var_cap on it?

jml79

#13 Post by jml79 »

On the result output. Great idea. I'll send the edit later tonight.

And there is more on the way. I already have the fuel quantity gauge done, I just have to add the multiple bezels to keep it with the rest of the series and the TAT is the same bezel then the annunciators. That should cover the basics. Hmm. Then maybe the autopilot or the overhead. Or the fiddle stuff.

Of course I have a few other aircraft I want to work on too. DHC-4 Caribou, DHC-6 Twin Otter, Cessna 208, DC-3, King air and Beech 1900, Dash-8 100-300. So much to do so little time.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

I tried this one with X-Plane, looks a bit strange...? I'll upload them today, let me know if you make any changes.
atrxplane.png
atrxplane.png (81.68 KiB) Viewed 3769 times

jml79

#15 Post by jml79 »

Hmm. Odd. All of the preview shots were done with XP. I'll download the oil gauges to see if something got messed up.

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

I think there's no cap on them, is that right? Maybe the needle spins to far.

jml79

#17 Post by jml79 »

What aircraft were you using? And yeah, that was my first thought to. Plus the multipliers I used in that gauge.

jml79

#18 Post by jml79 »

Engine 1 and 2 oil gauge fixed and submitted. Added a var_cap to the PSI. If the needle pegs for either the temp or pressure you will have to adjust the multipliers in the logic script.

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

Thanks! I'll have do a testrun tomorrow or later this week.

jml79

#20 Post by jml79 »

Well, it's been a while but I've been inspired to finish the centre MIP by some amazing work done by docjl. Today I have uploaded version 1.01 of my engine gauges for the ATR series. I fixed a few coding issues, fixed some of the constants so they should work with both the Aerosoft ATR 72-500 under XPlane and hopefully the Flight1 ATR under FSX. I also adjusted the digital readouts to use a monoblock 7 segment font.

The fuel qty gauge is almost done. I was going to upload it today as well but realized I had missed the test button on it so it should be done in the next few days. I've also finished drawing and populating the CAP (announciators.) I've been reading the POH all night trying to figure out how much capability I can add. Hopefully I'll get started on the logic this week.

A bit of a change of gears. I am going to concentrate on the Aerosoft ATR for now and also concentrate on an entire panel instead of individual instruments. I'll try and post pictures as I get things done. Here's where I am now.
progress.PNG