Coming soon for the Working Title CJ4 for MSFS....

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Crunchmeister

Coming soon for the Working Title CJ4 for MSFS....

#1 Post by Crunchmeister »

We are Simstrumentation.

We're a small group of dudes banding together to build AM instruments for MSFS. Over the past few months, we've independently developed several instruments for the WT CJ4. Then we realized we'd be more productive combining our efforts, so here we are.

The current suite of instruments are currently in final stages of design and internal alpha testing, but looking working great. A few more tweaks and we'll be ready to share with the public as well as submit instruments for inclusion in the AM community store.

Full Air Manager cockpit or the Working Title CJ4 for MSFS

Features:
  • All necessary instruments for proper operation of the jet mouse-free
  • DYNAMIC NIGHT MODE AMBIENT LIGHTING! - Doesn't rely on the sim's 4 states of daylight, but calculates actual ambient lighting based on time, date, latitude, longitude, altitude and cloud cover and dims or brightens panels and instruments SMOOTHLY according to ambient brightness levels to match ambient illumination in the virtual cockpit.
  • Full backlighting for instruments that follow the state of backlighting in the cockpit.
  • Dimmable pilot-side PD and MFD with Air Manager panels dimming along with the VC dimming. Co-pilot side only dim in the sim. This is a limitation of the simulator where there is no undockable co-pilot side screens
Once complete, we'll be submitting them for inclusion into the AM Community Store as well. We've been working hard on these things and hopefully these instruments and controls will be enjoyed by the community.
Capture.JPG
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Puukka

Re: Coming soon for the Working Title CJ4 for MSFS....

#2 Post by Puukka »

Wow, what good news!
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Herbert
Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CRJ, X-Plane - Citation X, Air Manager, FSHud, Navigraph

Crunchmeister

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

We're in the home stretch now. Should be released any day. Just a few final touchups to go and we're done. We'll be submitting to the AM store one we are.

Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

Received what is supposed to be the "final" final updates from the team overnight. This evening I'll be doing the final QA check and test to make sure all works as intended. I'll then be uploading to the Simstrumentation GitHub for release likely tomorrow and let it get out "in the wild" for others to test.

Once it's confirmed working for all, submission for inclusion into the AM store will happen.

Puukka

#5 Post by Puukka »

Your night mode is superb.
If you don´t mind I´d like to use the idea for my FBW A32NX panels.
I´ll modify my textures to a night version including backlight using GIMP.
Selecting the white parts only, I can make them change from white to bright yellow (backlight)
The rest of it darker, maybe some orange-tone.
Using your panel CJ4 Ambient Light Dimmer, it´ll change both the darkness of the panels and the backlight same time.
EDIT: Today I´ve testet the prototype, it´s working nicely.
Thanks and regards,
Herbert
Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CRJ, X-Plane - Citation X, Air Manager, FSHud, Navigraph

Crunchmeister

#6 Post by Crunchmeister »

Forgot to update this thread, but our CJ4 instruments are done and published on our GitHub. Seems like they still need some work to be made acceptable for publishing in the AM Community store though. That will likely come in time. We're taking a break from these instruments for now to work on other stuff.

https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air ... tation_CJ4

jph

#7 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:45 pm Forgot to update this thread, but our CJ4 instruments are done and published on our GitHub. Seems like they still need some work to be made acceptable for publishing in the AM Community store though. That will likely come in time. We're taking a break from these instruments for now to work on other stuff.

https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air ... tation_CJ4
would it not be better to work on them to be acceptable to AM ? FIRST !!!! - THEN work on them more ?. Then you have a baseline.
There is no point adding to an existing issue with even more issues. I think you are going in the wrong direction. Make them acceptable first. The develop them. Otherwise it becomes a veritable sh!t $h0W....
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

#8 Post by Crunchmeister »

We aren't adding anything else to the CJ4 instruments. They're as done as they can currently be in terms of what MSFS and the Working Title mod allows. We just have to work on the outstanding deficiencies to make them acceptable for the store now. Already consulted with Tony on what some of the issues are. We know what we have to do. It's just getting the time to do it.

We have a couple of other projects (not CJ4) we're looking to complete atm. That's what our focus is on right now (including making them AM store compliant from the get-go). Once those are done, focus will go back to making the CJ4 instruments compliant.

jph

#9 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 pm We aren't adding anything else to the CJ4 instruments. They're as done as they can currently be in terms of what MSFS and the Working Title mod allows. We just have to work on the outstanding deficiencies to make them acceptable for the store now. Already consulted with Tony on what some of the issues are. We know what we have to do. It's just getting the time to do it.

We have a couple of other projects (not CJ4) we're looking to complete atm. That's what our focus is on right now (including making them AM store compliant from the get-go). Once those are done, focus will go back to making the CJ4 instruments compliant.
Exactly. Before moving onward and upwards, get the basics working and accepted. You seem to be just moving from one - sort of - working project to another with none 'finished' and probably never will be . not a good plan at all and not good practice. I will give you a free tip !... make plan 1 work, then if all is ok, move to plan 2.
:? :roll:

All you will end up with is a mine field of questions on the forums about issues with your 'stuff' - which the obvious reply has to be constantly repeated as - bugger all to do with us ! ... IF you make V1 compatible, then you can refer back, otherwise it is likely to become a cluster fork.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.