The new AM collection for FlightFactor Airbus A320 (FFA320)

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: The new AM collection for FlightFactor Airbus A320 (FFA320)

#31 Post by Sling »

@Keith Baxter The English word you seek is myriad. Meaning countless or extremely great in number.

jph

#32 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:30 pm @Keith Baxter The English word you seek is myriad. Meaning countless or extremely great in number.
Ah yes, the original mirrored
I had to reflect on that ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

catflyer38

#33 Post by catflyer38 »

Captains, it took some days to build a new prototype for my „Light Mode“ implementation but now its ready to be tested.

1. The mode name was changed from “Night Mode” to “Light mode” since its more then the initial approach to just dim the panels during night.

2. The AM Illumination Pedestal Captain instrument is the master panel for the Light mode.
- The Light mode can be turned on/off via a user variable
- On this instrument a knob for dimming all of my AM panels for the FFA320 was added (this knob is not present in the real airplane)
- The information from other light influencing knobs and switches are gathered and up on status changes an inter instrument communication (IIC) variable (Light_mode) is updated.
Light_mode:
[1] = user property Use Light mode
[2] = Overhead Light Controlled by overhead panel INT LT - OVHD INTEG LT
[3] = Overhead Annunciator light Controlled by overhead panel INT LT - ANN LT
[4] = Pedestal FCU EFIS Display brightness Controlled by master panel - FCU EFIS LT
[5] = Pedestal Integrated Light Controlled by pedestal panel - Integarated LT
[6] = Panel brightness Controlled by this panel, not present in real Airplane
[7,8,9,10] = future use

Illumination pedestal captain.png

2. The Autobrake instrument and my other instruments will subscribe to the IIC variable and change the panel, text/separator lines, button/switch contours and annunciation/ button lights.

Autobrake.png

3. Keep in mind that IIC works only if the simulator is running !!!!!!!

Thanks again for all your suggestions and let me know what you think, constructive feedback is always welcome.

Here are the Am siff files:

Airbus A320 FlightFactor - AutoBrake 1.3.siff
(957.36 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Regards Alexander

catflyer38

#34 Post by catflyer38 »

Captains i just finished the conversion of my instruments to the new Light mode and will now go into the fine tuning phase (check if all controls are all implemented properly, include other suggestions, etc.)

This is how the collection looks right now:

1. Captain Glare shield and main panel:
(Includes keys to change the view, this can be hidden)

A320_Glare_Main.jpg

2. Pedestal with panel scripts to popup additional instruments
Buttons to show/hide panels are locaded right of tiller, added also Detlefs MCDU panel

A320_Pedestal.jpg

3. Pedestal with Overhead lights panel panel displayed:

A320_Pedestal_OHD.jpg

Regards Alexander

ikarus06

#35 Post by ikarus06 »

ylevesque wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:22 pm As Alexander said, I converted many of his A320 panels for A320 FlyByWire on MSFS 2020. I plan to make them available in November.
I will post something in this forum.
Yves

Excited about your work can you already show something in front of it?

EcstaticAviator

#36 Post by EcstaticAviator »

Would you be able to explain to me what datarefs would need to be changed for the light panel to work for the A350. As an example the beacon light dataref on the a350 is "1-sim/4/switch"

catflyer38

#37 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi EcstaticAviator the best way to find out what datarefs and commands are used is to install the DataRefTool by Lee Baker.

I just tested the version (DataRefTool_XP11_2021_07_14) with the FFA350 and it works fine.

These are the datarefs used

Strobe is : 1-simm/2/switch
Becon = /3/
Nav = /4/
logo = /5/
RWY Turn off = /8/
Wing = /9/
landing = /10/
Nose = /11/

image.png

Regards Alexander

EcstaticAviator

#38 Post by EcstaticAviator »

catflyer38 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:44 am Hi EcstaticAviator the best way to find out what datarefs and commands are used is to install the DataRefTool by Lee Baker.

I just tested the version (DataRefTool_XP11_2021_07_14) with the FFA350 and it works fine.

These are the datarefs used

Strobe is : 1-simm/2/switch
Becon = /3/
Nav = /4/
logo = /5/
RWY Turn off = /8/
Wing = /9/
landing = /10/
Nose = /11/

image.png

Regards Alexander
Thanks, i've found the datarefs but confused as to how you've laid out the code and where the datarefs go. Could you give me an example for beacon

Code: Select all

function LightBeacon_cb (Beaconval)
     if    Beaconval == 0.0 then visible(LightBeacon_off_img,true); visible(LightBeacon_on_img,false)
     else                        visible(LightBeacon_off_img,false); visible(LightBeacon_on_img,true)  end
   end
   variable_subscribe("XPLANE", "a320/Overhead/LightBeacon", "FLOAT", LightBeacon_cb)
   function LightBeacon_on_p_cb()  xpl_command("a320/Overhead/LightBeacon_switch+") end
   LightBeacon_on_but = button_add(nil,nil,177,248,80,100,LightBeacon_on_p_cb)

ylevesque

#39 Post by ylevesque »

ikarus06 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:24 am
ylevesque wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:22 pm As Alexander said, I converted many of his A320 panels for A320 FlyByWire on MSFS 2020. I plan to make them available in November.
I will post something in this forum.
Yves

Excited about your work can you already show something in front of it?
I converted many of Alexander's instruments for FBW A320 on MSFS 2020.
You can found them on https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dHG3O ... flUJbMcL5I.
There is a ReadMe.txt file and a sample panel.

Comments are welcome.

Yves

catflyer38

#40 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi EcstaticAviator , first you read the status of the switch via the "1-sim/3/switch" dataref. Just recognized that I had a typo in my last post its not 1-simm its 1-sim

1. Just replace: variable_subscribe("XPLANE", "a320/Overhead/LightBeacon", "FLOAT", LightBeacon_cb) with variable_subscribe("XPLANE", "1-sim/3/switch", "INT", LightBeacon_cb)
2. The A350 beacon uses INT instead of Float therefore the statement: if Beaconval == 0.0 must be changed to: if Beaconval == 0

I did a quick look and not find a command to set the beacon switch, found only comands for: 1-sim/comm/emerLights , logoLights, strobeLights and taxiLights

Here you need to investigate if you find a command for the beacon. If you find no command you could use: xpl_dataref_write("1-sim/3/switch", "INT", 1) to set switch ON and xpl_dataref_write("1-sim/3/switch", "INT", 0) to set switch OFF

Regards Alexander