The new AM collection for FlightFactor Airbus A320 (FFA320)

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

catflyer38

The new AM collection for FlightFactor Airbus A320 (FFA320)

#1 Post by catflyer38 »

The new AM collection for Airbus A320 from FlightFactor consists of 34 Am instruments and 5 AM panels.
    The collection is based on the 14 panels that where published end of 2019.
      Panels include panel scripts that allow the display of additional instruments (a simple Map, a view switching and an ECAM switching instrument).
        The instruments are rewritten for the use of touch screens and Knobster.
          In addition to the captains, also the first officer instruments and panels where added (you can choose which side to use).

Please let me know if you are interested in the collection.

Also I am thinking to port theses instruments to the FlyByWire A320 for FS2020 , but therefore I would need help!!!

1. Panel: Glareshield Captain (1920x1080) with keys for view switching

FFA320_Glareshield Captain_keys.png

2. Panel: Glareshield FO

FFA320 Glareshield FO.png

3. Panel: Pedestal Captain (1920x1080) a (1080 x 1920) version is also available

FFA320_Pedestal_Captain.png

4. Panel: Pedestal Captain with Map overlay

FFA320_Pedestal_Captain_map.png

Important!
          The instruments rely on xplane datarefs and commands. For performance reasons Flightfactor does not automatically include (publish) all datarefs needed. The additional datarefs need to be added to a file called publish.txt which is located in the airplane FFA320 /Data directory. The complete lists of datarefs one for the captains and one for the first office side are included.

CDT:
          In the past I faced several crash to desktop (CTD) when starting the AM panels or even single AM instruments. We where searching for what cause the crashes for several month without success. After pausing the development for quite some time, all 14 original and additional 18 instruments where rewritten. I did not face any CDT’s for several weeks.

push, pull logic:
          Some instruments require a pus and pull logic e.g. FCU and EFIS this can be used in two ways,
          if you push only for a short period of time (variable is set to 500 ms) its considered a push, if you hold longer its considered a pull. If you don’t like this an additional pull button is also included.

User properties:
          Some AM instruments use user properties (e.g. if a Knobster is used and specific function can be enabled for it, or for the definition of external hardware via Arduino, etc.)

Tested with:
          Windows 10 home Version 20H2, Xplane 11.55, Air Manager Version 4.0.2 home, FlightFactor A320 ultimate Version: 1.1.10-2520

Regards Alexander
          Last edited by catflyer38 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kennyg_81681

Re: The new AM collection for Airbus A320 from FlightFactor

#2 Post by kennyg_81681 »

Hello! I'm interested in the collection. How to get this? Thank you! :)

catflyer38

#3 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Kenny, as mentioned in my private message to you, please send me your email addr and I will send you the package.

Regards Alexander

asstech

#4 Post by asstech »

Hello,

I am also interested in this collection.
          I am using the FF 320 from XPlane as well as the A320 FBW from MSFS2020.
          Expected operation with Knobster DIY, hardware via Arduino.
          Regards.

catflyer38

#5 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi asstech as mentioned before, please send me via private message (forum function) the information about your email so i can send you the package

Regards Alexander

catflyer38

#6 Post by catflyer38 »

Folks, added two new instrument panels:

Weather Radar:

preview1.png

Overhead lights panel (Anti ICE, PRESS, ext and int lights , APU, Signs)

preview.png

Regards Alexander

EcstaticAviator

Re: The new AM collection for FlightFactor Airbus A320 (FFA320)

#7 Post by EcstaticAviator »

I’m starting to use the FBW A320 on msfs2020 now. Is this something your looking at porting over to msfs too?

catflyer38

#8 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi EcstaticAviator, no I am not porting my panels to FBW A320 (MSFS2020). I might port my instruments to the Toliss A321 on xplane

I started to look into the FBW A320 but was contacted by Yves from Canada who is working on porting FFA320 instruments to the FBW A320 (MSFS2020).

Regards Alexander

ylevesque

#9 Post by ylevesque »

As Alexander said, I converted many of his A320 panels for A320 FlyByWire on MSFS 2020. I plan to make them available in November.
          I will post something in this forum.
          Yves

harvesthunt

#10 Post by harvesthunt »

Just starting out with AM, but totally enthralled with it. Not new to the airbus but this whole cockpit thing is outstanding.
          I'd be super interested in testing out these new panels as well. I too am well versed in the FBW a32NX mod. Unable to private message you, I assume because I'm new to the forum.

Bill