GI 275

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: GI 275

#11 Post by jph »

Hi Keith, are you doing just the EIS ?
or the ADI, HSI, CDI and MFD ?
It would be one hell of a project.

(Actual Garmin images)
275 AI.jpg
275 CDI.jpg
275 HSI.jpg
275 MFD.jpg
Joe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

Joe,

Yes the rabbit hole...

The EIS is the easiest to start with. The setup is done via a menu and that menu is consistent throughout.

It would be easy to add features via that menu at a later stage.
I am busy with that menu today and should have something to show later tomorrow.

However the menu system works/is activated by swiping up on the display from bottom to top or by pressing the small knob. It would be nice to have that functionality for touch screens.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#13 Post by Sling »

I suggested the CDI earlier because I think that’s the easiest but I get the menu shell is key. For the swipe up you can use a screen sized vertical slider. Programmed right it should work well.

Keith Baxter

#14 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Once the menu is in place. if an Airframe is not automatically found then, then there is an option to custom set up things like UOM and gauge configuration. Things like engine type,no cylinders, single or twin etc.

This is what is going to eat time and why these instruments do not happen in a few days.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:56 am I suggested the CDI earlier because I think that’s the easiest but I get the menu shell is key. For the swipe up you can use a screen sized vertical slider. Programmed right it should work well.
Tony,

Yes the CDI will most likely be next.

I had thought about a slider. Will play around with that when I have finished the menu shell and gauge config shell.

Keith

jph

#16 Post by jph »

Keith, I 'think' these are actually different versions of the 275 ? - ie: you buy which version you want. For example, just the EIS, or the CDI etc etc.
I only say that due to the price variations on the Garmin site. I think they all come under the '275' heading, but it appears at first glance to be a 275 ADI, or a 275 EIS - etc etc. where each is a different instrument.
I haven't read though the manuals - I am going off the site details and pricing.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/71902 ... 0-GI275-00

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

Joe,

There are three basic types. Basic,ADAHRS and ADAHRS with Autopilot Interface

Each can be configured as...

Code: Select all

1.2 UNIT TYPES AND CONFIGURATIONS
UNIT TYPES
Basic
The basic model of the MFI can act as an attitude indicator (ADI), horizontal situation
indicator (HSI), engine indication system (EIS), or multi-function display (MFD).
To act as an attitude indicator, the basic MFI must have an external AHRS source. To display
air data, the basic MFI must have an external air data computer. To show magnetic heading,
all MFIs must have an external magnetometer.

With Internal ADAHRS (Air Data and Attitude and Heading Reference System)
The MFI with internal ADAHRS can do everything the basic MFI does and additionally
contains its own air data and AHRS source, as well as interface to Garmin's fixed wing GFC
500 or GFC 600 autopilot, saving weight and expense.

With Internal ADAHRS and Autopilot Interface
For fixed wing installations, the MFI with autopilot interface expands the MFI with internal
ADAHRS capability and has interfaces to connect to an external autopilot or AFCS, letting the
MFI provide heading/course error and attitude to compatible autopilot and AFCS devices.

UNIT CONFIGURATIONS
Primary ADI
A Primary ADI replaces the traditional attitude indicator. It may additionally show airspeed,
altitude, vertical speed, and heading. Terrain is displayed with the optional SVT enablement.

Standby ADI or MFD
Standby ADI or MFD units provide additional capability to the aircraft and display
information (e.g., maps) or external data (e.g., radar altimeter). Standby ADI units act as a
backup ADI if the Primary ADI fails.

Primary HSI
The Primary HSI displays course deviation information based on the selected NAVAID. An
HSI Map shows course deviation information overlaid on a map centered around the aircraft's
current GPS position.

Standby HSI
The Standby HSI acts as a Primary HSI under normal conditions but as a backup ADI if a
Primary ADI fails.

EIS
For fixed wing installations, EIS units replace traditional mechanical engine instruments and
additional information like engine temperatures and provide features like engine lean assisting.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jph

#18 Post by jph »

thanks Keith,
Excellent info. Appreciated.
Joe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#19 Post by Keith Baxter »

The same keypad is used for many data inputs. Just the title changes depending on the selected menu.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#20 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ha Ha

I did try and stop the timer ....

Code: Select all

-- This function will be called when the EIS page is changed
function eis_page_timer(n_count)
  opacity(page_1a_group,n_count*0.004)
  opacity(page_indicator_eis,1-(n_count*0.005))
end

-- This function will be called when the outer knob is rotated
eis_pages=1
function eis_pages_knob_rotate(dir)

if av_state ==1 then
--Stop the previous timer and restart new
if timer_running(eis_page_timer) then timer_stop(eis_page_timer) end
timer_start(0, 30, 200, eis_page_timer)

Keith