Instruments for Carenado Saab 340B submitted

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Instruments for Carenado Saab 340B submitted

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hi pilots,

it may take a couple of days but I have uploaded my instruments for the Carenado S340B today.

This is the list of instruments submitted:
  • Autopilot control panel
    airspeed gauge
    annunciator
    autopilot altitude set
    course heading select panel
    CTOT thrust system
    central warning panel
    collins nav radio
    condition lever
    display control panel
    EADI mask
    EHSI mask
    elevator trim indicator (just a modification to work with Carenado 340B)
    engine oil pressure
    engine rpm
    engine temperature
    fuel quantinty
    fuelflow
    autopilot mode select panel
    master warning caution buttons
    nav select buttons
    prop RPM
    engine torque
I use touchscreens and a Knobster and did NOT test everything with mouse. I have X-Plane 11.5 and Windows 10. Please tell me if something is wrong.
Some instruments must be selected in user properties for which engine or button to use.

Unfortunately I got no reply from Carenado on XPlane forum until now. So I could not add the prop oil and temperature gauge. I found no dataref there.

These instruments are my first for Airmanager. I learned a lot while sketching and programming. On some I later saw I could have done better (but not much :) )
Try them if you have the Carenado aircraft. I like flying it a lot. If something is wrong, please contact me. I may do something about it (cannot promise..)

Thanks
Detlef

gjeldridge

Re: Instruments for Carenado Saab 340B submitted

#2 Post by gjeldridge »

Hi,
Can I ask where I might find all of these? I'm interested in converting them or using them for the LES Saab 340A. I have found a few, but not the quantity you mention..
Thanks,
Regards,
Greg

jph

#3 Post by jph »

gjeldridge wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:41 am Hi,
Can I ask where I might find all of these? I'm interested in converting them or using them for the LES Saab 340A. I have found a few, but not the quantity you mention..
Thanks,
Regards,
Greg
Hmm. Would it not be appropriate and courteous to FIRST ASK THE OP if this is even ok ? - show some appreciation before leaping in with both feet ?. It is not a 'free for all' . This is NOT a free loader's paradise.
I simply cannot believe the 'free loader' attitude of people. Have some bloody common decency ! :( :evil: :evil:
Typical, unfortunately, of the generation that is the majority of internet users.
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

gjeldridge

#4 Post by gjeldridge »

I was simply asking if they were available, and where. If not, there was no point proceeding as you suggested. That would have been my next question to the OP.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

gjeldridge wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:43 pm I was simply asking if they were available, and where. If not, there was no point proceeding as you suggested. That would have been my next question to the OP.
Understood, apologies if I came over a little hard on you. It is simply that as you were replying to the original poster referring to the work he had done then I would have expected - at the least - something on the lines of "Hi Detlef, where can I find all the panels you created ? also do you have any objection to me modifying the panels you created as I would like to use them for 'XYZ' ?
Also, you can send a message to Detlef by private messaging in the forums.
All I ask is that people have the courtesy to respect the work of others, acknowledge the work of others, and ask, where it is possible to contact the user to have their permission to modify their work. Also, to absolutely guarantee it is for NON Commercial use under any form and resubmitted to the community for all. It is not a lot to ask for ? ;)
A belated welcome here and I look forward to seeing your results.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

gjeldridge

#6 Post by gjeldridge »

No problem, and as you say, the post could probably have been worded better. I'll try harder next time. :)
Regards,
Greg

Detlef

#7 Post by Detlef »

Hi Greg,

thanks for your private message. Since not all my Carenado instruments are showing in the lib, I have sent you a link to a short-time cloud memory.
Maybe I have not uploaded all instruments here after all, or they are still not released to public somehow.
As I said, I am happy if you use the instruments as long as you don't sell them.

I have them arranged in a 2-screen panel and I am using a knobster. In addition I have my own panel built in hardware. The picture is not good but you get an impression.

Thank you
Detlef
image.png
image.png

gjeldridge

#8 Post by gjeldridge »

Hi Detlef,
That looks brilliant and is exactly what I am trying to do, except in my case for the LES Saab.
Many thanks for all your help and the hard work that went into this.
So far, I have both annunciator panels working, and the master caution and warning buttons. More later in the day, I hope.
I'm running Air Manager on a different computer to the sim, and don't like the idea of the popout EFIS85 and GNS, so I'm currently looking to design or find an alternative.
Again, much appreciated.
Regards,
Greg