Help for Carenado Saab 340B instruments

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Help for Carenado Saab 340B instruments

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hi all,

I have autopilot instruments and some others working by now for Carenados S340B. The central annunciator panel alone has 40 different lights. And there is another one with 10 lights or so. I would be grateful for some help in finding the corresponding datarefs needed.

Thanks
Detlef

Ralph

Re: Help for Carenado Saab 340B instruments

#2 Post by Ralph »

I think there are two solutions for this.
1. Ask the developer of the aircraft.
2. Use the Datareftool and start searching, which can be a long process. It might very well be combinations of certain values. Sometimes it helps to look at the aircraft documentation / POH and use values described.

Detlef

#3 Post by Detlef »

Ralph,

thank you for the advice. I am already using the dataref tool, which is very helpful. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes difficult...
I'll try contacting Carenado.

Thanks
Detlef

jasong

#4 Post by jasong »

Hi let us know how you go and with your project because perhaps we could work together on parts, because after I finish my piper pa28 panel I was considering making either the pa31 or the les Saab 340 panel.
I particularly like the les Saab and I don’t have the careado but perhaps things can be coded to work for both.
As the Saab is a bigger project I don’t think I could do it all on my own but willing to contribute, if there was desire for this aircraft.

Detlef

#5 Post by Detlef »

Jasong,

thanks a lot for the offer! I will come back to that. I have to do some more work, before I can send instruments for testing.

Detlef

Detlef

#6 Post by Detlef »

Hello all,

for the 25 or so instruments I made for the Carenado S340B, I have found all datarefs I needed, except this:
I cannot find the correct datarefs for one gauge. The gauge shows PROP pressure and OIL temperature.

I'd appreciate any help here. I asked Carenado support in an official ticket. The reply just being, that such topics (regarded as modifying aircrafts) are not supported. With just reading a gauge value, I do not even modify the aircraft but well.

Thank you
Detlef

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

That’s Carenado. Only way to make them improve their support is to not buy their aircraft and tell them why. As you say that’s not a modification is just wanting to know how to read a parameter. Be forceful with them and if they don’t give you a reasonable answer post your feelings in the Carenado section of the org store for others to see.

JackZ

#8 Post by JackZ »

Hi
I don’t own the Saab 340 but from my experience with others Carenado planes, they are more than often poorly developed systemwise, although they are very nice looking aircrafts externally and internally.

Some of their planes are crappy enough and rely simply on standard Laminar Datarefs for most of their systems (I had this experience with their PC12), so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no specific Dataref for the values you are searching, but only Laminar equivalents. The Saab is a turbine prop aircraft so they likely rely on the XPlane turboprop model to generate all the values needed.

So my advice would be to try and find if there is not already a stock Dataref for the two values you are searching, then examine if these values are changing in a form or another along with the gauges. Most than often they use a different unit, so it’s only a matter of finding the proper conversion factor.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

JackZ

#9 Post by JackZ »

Have you tried:
sim/cockpit2/transmissions/indicators/oil_temperature float Transmission oil temperature. Units are the same as the max oil temperature in acf
sim/cockpit2/transmissions/indicators/oil_pressure float Transmission oil_pressure

I have the feeling that these two values should yield some result

Jacques

JackZ

#10 Post by JackZ »

Another thought:
Prop Oil and pressure are the temperatures of the oil of the gearbox that reduces the turbine speed to a much lower speed suitable for the constant speed prop.

The gearbox oil pressure is more or less the same as the engine one (same oil pumps circuitry) and the gearbox temperature is somewhat related to Torque
I guess there might be a simple relationship with it.