Help for Carenado Saab 340B instruments

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Re: Help for Carenado Saab 340B instruments

#21 Post by Detlef »

Ralph wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:09 pm I haven't been following this closely. But is it not possible to mimic some data (maybe already suggested)? Based on outside temperature, torque, etc...
Hi Ralph,

I am pretty sure that would be possible. Jacques had suggested it also. It takes a deeper understanding of what the prop pressure and temperature values depend on. Maybe at a later time I will try that. My guess is, Carenado also had a kind of model, derivating from other signals. For now I have lots of other things I want to attend to first.

Thank you
Detlef

navymustang

#22 Post by navymustang »

One of the approaches I use with other aircraft is to read the XML gauge scripts and see how they get the value. Almost all aircraft and rotorcraft can be emulated this way. The only stumbling block is when the manufacturer uses a CAB file to store gauges.

Be care in hunting for the XML files, coders hide them in the most interesting places sometimes.

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

I think this is X-Plane, so no XML as far as I know. Maybe a Lua if you're lucky.

Sling

#24 Post by Sling »

navymustang wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:28 pm One of the approaches I use with other aircraft is to read the XML gauge scripts and see how they get the value. Almost all aircraft and rotorcraft can be emulated this way. The only stumbling block is when the manufacturer uses a CAB file to store gauges.

Be care in hunting for the XML files, coders hide them in the most interesting places sometimes.
This is an Xplane aircraft. XML files ?

JackZ

#25 Post by JackZ »

Hmmm more likely these are SASL modules with XPlane.
XML with Reverse Polish Notation programmed gauges are reserved for FSX/P3D gauges AFAIK.

SASL is using Lua as scripting language, but for commercial use, the modules are encrypted and protected, so any kind of reverse engineering is kinda hopeless.

Might be as well FlywithLua modules, but for a Carenado commercial Airplane, I strongly doubt it.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Detlef

#26 Post by Detlef »

Hi all,

yes I have the X-Plane Carenado S340B aircraft. There is a directory named SASL3_Tbient, if I look deeper into it I see files ending .secured.
So no, I will not try any re-engineering.

Thank you
Detlef