Crashes (CTD) with FF A320 instrument

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

catflyer38

Re: Crashes (CTD) with FF A320 instrument

#11 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Folks, I am now in close contact with Detlef and started again rewriting the code for my over 20 instruments (did this already a year ago).

I tried for a long time but did not find a reason for the crashes, in my case the crash always occured after loading the FFA320 Airmanager panel and I had the impression, that its only related to instruments that have display logic (e.g FCU,EFIS,Radio) but beside that they contain a large amount of code.
Anyway the last couple days I rewrote the display code on many instruments and it seems to be better, crashes are gone. Keep fingers crossed.

Regards Alexander

JackZ

#12 Post by JackZ »

Memory leak is certainly a random issue that happens when AM latest version is running multiple panels along with XP11.
XP is in that case issuing a « memory low » message at startup and eventually crashes to desktop. My laptop has 16Gb of RAM so that should’nt be a problem, and most if the times it works okay.

I found that rebooting the W10 PC solves the problem until next time which can occurs days later. Problem is that issue is not reproductible easily. Next time that Mel low message appears I will check with the process manager to try and see if the memory hog from AM could be the issue.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

catflyer38

#13 Post by catflyer38 »

Folks, in the last couple of weeks I reworked my FFA320 instruments and panels. Also I added additional instruments to cover the first officer side as well.
Keeps fingers crossed, did not have crashes (CTD) for quite some time.

Detlef is already testing the new instruments as well.

Regards Alexander