Crashes (CTD) with FF A320 instrument

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Crashes (CTD) with FF A320 instrument

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hi all,

I wonder if some of you use the Flightfactor A320 instruments from Alexander Hildmann. I am not using all but some with the FF A320, for example TCU and EFIS. Unfortunately I experience crashes of X-Plane 11 to desktop. Sometimes the whole flight is fine, sometimes I have a CTD when loading the Airmanager panel. Today it was worse, I had a CTD when pushing the FCU altitude knob to start the descent phase. I repeated the whole flight, Stockholm to Kopenhagen, and then had a CTD when vacating the runway after landing.

I did modify the instruments for better use with the Knobster, but I think that is not the reason for the CTDs, because I also had crashes on panel load with the original (AM) instrument.
Other than that I really enjoy flying with the Knobster with these instruments and aircraft. But currently it does not work reliably.

Thank you for any advice,
Detlef

Ralph

Re: Crashes (CTD) with FF A320 instrument

#2 Post by Ralph »

I haven't been able to crash X-Plane. Are you sure that it isn't just X-Plane crash itself? Make sure that you're using the latest release or beta plugin.

Detlef

#3 Post by Detlef »

Ralph wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am Are you sure that it isn't just X-Plane crash itself?
Ralph,
no I am not. I have X-Plane 11.53r1, build 115301 64-bit, Vulkan and a mile long number. The about message says my copy of X-Plane is up to date, I have the latest version.

But maybe something is wrong with my configuration that causes CTD sometimes. I append a log file here, I realize I should address this on xplane.org though.
Log.txt
(65.15 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Thank you
Detlef

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You can remove the Air Plugin folder from the X-Plane plugins folder and see if you can still make it crash.

Detlef

#5 Post by Detlef »

Ralph wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:15 pm You can remove the Air Plugin folder from the X-Plane plugins folder and see if you can still make it crash.
Ralph,
yes thank you. I'll try a few things. The problem wth this CTD behaviour is, it only happens sometimes.

Detlef

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

Detlef wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:58 pm
Ralph wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:15 pm You can remove the Air Plugin folder from the X-Plane plugins folder and see if you can still make it crash.
Ralph,
yes thank you. I'll try a few things. The problem wth this CTD behaviour is, it only happens sometimes.

Detlef
Hi,

Dose it only happen when Vulkan driver is checked in xplane?
I get a similar experience. After the CDT then xplane does not load with vulkan. I have to go to settings and tick vulkan again and restart.

If vulkan is not ticked then the CDT seams not to occur.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

If that's the case then it sounds like problems in their Vulkan coding. I think that they made some changes to it, so it might very well be that there's a bug. You can file this through their buck tracker system.

Detlef

#8 Post by Detlef »

Keith, Ralph,

I disabled Vulkan in X-Plane.... And CTD again when starting my AM panel with the FF A320 instruments. So for me it has nothing to do with Vulkan.

FWIW, the stack log file said: Exception C0000005 at 00007FF99B96199B, RIP 00007FF99B96199B
And the logfile lists some XSquakbox issues. Is there anything know to you in this regard?

I tried a flight without AM but did not get off the ground in the A320, because first it took me ages to get a flight plan close to right (my fault of course) and then it said IRS not aligned. I tried taxying back to the gate, engines off but the IRS misalignment fault would not go away. So for the safety of the passengers I could not fly today :(

I have an ultrawide monitor plus two touchscreens below and a knobster. (The knobster shows always present on the device list BTW). I cannot fly without Airmanager, because I see the front window only, no instruments with that geometrics I selected. My whole setup is built on AM. I am thinking to leave the FF A320 alone for a while and configure a cockpit for a different aircraft. I need one with good dataref documentation though. I did modify the FF A320 instruments for better use with the Knobster and that was really fun to fly, if there would not be the XPlane CTDs...

Thanks for your patience.

Detlef

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

Perhaps you could try loading the community C172 panel and see if it makes any difference. I have had similar to this in the past and it turned out to be the specific panel coding causing an AM memory leak. All the instruments had no errors but it would still give CTD. I’m not saying it is your issue but it’s worth eliminating the panel by running one known to work well.

Detlef

#10 Post by Detlef »

Tony,

yes, I will try with other panels/instruments. Bought me a Carenado Saab 340 today. Carenado aircrafts have good prices currently, I hope I can find some instruments for that.

Thanks
Detlef