Build Your Own GTN750

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jasong

Build Your Own GTN750

#1 Post by jasong »

I've seen a few post here about the GTN750, just wanted to post this link https://www.helisimmer.com/downloads/3d ... -750-bezel

If you are interested in making your own, this guy has written a nice tutorial on how to create one. I was thinking of making a tut these holidays if I have time, but anyway here is his. It has its own bezel you'll need to print.

I just want to note you don't have to print a bezel just get an electrical pvc enclosure box from ebay, you don't need leo bod- boards just use arduino and program with air manager or simvim plugin.

This instrument is very simple and a great way to start your journey into Air manager, Arduino, RXP as you'll get a decent result in a couple of hours, once you purchase the required items. The hardest item to source is the dual encoder and it is provided in the link or go to propwash they sell them aswell. All up it should cost no more then around $70USD + AM license + RXPgtn750 plugin

The same product is also at realsim gear for $400USD + postage https://realsimgear.com/collections/avionics-components (Disclaimer - I have nothing against Realsim gear they have quality products, not an advert either :mrgreen: )

Ralph

Re: Build Your Own GTN750

#2 Post by Ralph »

My colleague build one with a touch screen and the original dimensions. This one looks a bit strange with the thick bezels.

Keith Baxter

Re: Build Your Own GTN750

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:56 am My colleague build one with a touch screen and the original dimensions. This one looks a bit strange with the thick bezels.
Ralph,

I am finding that with most creations.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card