JET A1 Gas Station

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

marcel_felde

JET A1 Gas Station

#1 Post by marcel_felde »

Hello everyone,

A small side project: Since two years, our Cheyenne is always half filled with fuel when we pull her out of the virtual hangar. So nearly never a need to watch on the fuel quantity gauge. No need for fuel management. No need for refueling. This is boring!

So I did first add a system that saves the fuel status and reloads it at the next flight. This will give the fuel quantity gauge a sense. But refueling with the menu does not increase the realism so much. Does it? Better is a gas station next to the simulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEURUQLn0hw

The power of the pump and the price per liter can be adjusted. The system must be switched on and the tank can be selected. The Cheyenne does only have two of them. Boring again, I know. :) You can test the unit, reset the display of the fuel that has been pumped into the aircraft. If you hold the button for a few seconds, it will also reset the costs. There is another button that will display the overall costs. Holding it for about 30 seconds will erase the costs that have been accumulated over the years. This is just to clear the fuel I did pump during testing. ;) The overfill lamp will warn you if the selected tank is nearly full.

The system is already mounted onto the wall and a first traffic pattern with virtually pumped fuel was wonderful. :)
4L4A1133.JPG

Ralph

Re: JET A1 Gas Station

#2 Post by Ralph »

Where's the ground cable to connect to the aircraft ;) Is that a monitor in there or character displays?

marcel_felde

#3 Post by marcel_felde »

In fact, the gas station for our Do 27 simulator is an old barrel, with a pump, tube, fuel pistol. You have to climb on the wings, open the tanks, the sim detects in which side the pistol is used and you have to lock the trigger, climb down again and turn the pump. :) So this version is pretty simple and not so much work. :)

It is a 7" display with simulated LCD displays.

JackZ

#4 Post by JackZ »

Very nice work!
I like the rendering of the LCD digits.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

marcel_felde

#5 Post by marcel_felde »

Thank you Jacques! :)

jph

#6 Post by jph »

JackZ wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:49 pm Very nice work!
I like the rendering of the LCD digits.

Jacques
Agreed, the very slight and barely visible display of the unused characters is absolutely excellent and truly professional. Nice work.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.