C172 Real size cockpit

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

pm1970

C172 Real size cockpit

#1 Post by pm1970 »

Not yet finished, but almost... For the moment testing with 1 screen only, it will be 3x120cm wide screens

https://ibb.co/ZT54hdV

https://ibb.co/zRwMYVd

https://www.linkedin.com/in/pauloecmore ... ty/shares/

jph

Re: C172 Real size cockpit

#2 Post by jph »

Hi,
VERY impressive. Really nice job. :)

Please can you show the layout of the displays around the yoke ? - or describe them. It is good to see the yoke in its correct position.
Are you using a single lcd for the main 8 units and smaller lcds for the the left set and lower right 2 ?
Also, what yoke is it ?

Nice.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

pm1970

#3 Post by pm1970 »

jph wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am Hi,
VERY impressive. Really nice job. :)

Please can you show the layout of the displays around the yoke ? - or describe them. It is good to see the yoke in its correct position.
Are you using a single lcd for the main 8 units and smaller lcds for the the left set and lower right 2 ?
Also, what yoke is it ?

Nice.
Joe
hi Joe

In fact I use 5 lcd creens for the instruments. 1x4'', 2x5'', 1x15.6'' and 1x8''
As I'm using it with x-plane, I developed several plugins to map functions to the instruments, and modified several instruments to match the real ones functions.

Paulo

jph

#4 Post by jph »

@pm1970

Hi Paulo,
Sorry for the delayed reply. That is really well done.
I like the way you have placed the yoke in the correct area. Too many times it is placed under, or in front of the panel causing a completely wrong position for the pilot.
What model yoke is that, and also, can you take an image of the small plate you made for where the yoke passes through the panel ?. It looks a very neat job.

I am making my own yoke with FFB - it will be the yoke first, and then the ffb next. I have a 500 x 20mm shaft for the yoke which will give around 330mm usable travel in pitch (adjustable), and also allow for around 100mm of panel 'thickness' or just simple shaft only space both through and behind the panel. The yoke housing and bearing assembly will be behind that. At the moment it is a pile of cnc parts, shafts, bearings, linear rails and linear polymer bearings etc - and the yoke handle of course, which is a commercial billet alloy unit for use in experimental aircraft. It is going to MASSIVELY over engineered as I had already had a pair of 16mm solid Linear ground rails and linear bearings. These are not light. :shock: :o :lol: - but of course, it will certainly feel solid and wont move, and be indestructible.

That one of yours is the nicest Cessna yoke handle I have seen though.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Pkaser

#5 Post by Pkaser »

Awesome job!