ATR 72

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

docjl

Re: ATR 72

#41 Post by docjl »

Thanks to all for your encouragements.
@jml : You must keep start button pressed (because of a restriction of Aerosoft), read the pdf.
Jean-Luc

litinoveweedle

#42 Post by litinoveweedle »

Hello guys,
are there any news regarding your ATR panels and plane modifications? I would like to join your development club. As an entry fee I can offer fully simulated GNSS HT1000, including SID/STAR and Navigraph AIRAC updates. :-) I am currently working on external ATR autopilot to simulate it properly. BTW if Air Manager is able to reload images periodically I also have working RNAV map generation from GNSS rte, which could be integrated into EHSI. Please let me know, if you great project is still alive. Thank you.

Kind regards
litin

Ralph

#43 Post by Ralph »

The image unloading will never happen, it's too 'dangerous'. We're going to implement navigation next year.

JackZ

#44 Post by JackZ »

litinoveweedle wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 am Hello guys,
are there any news regarding your ATR panels and plane modifications? I would like to join your development club. As an entry fee I can offer fully simulated GNSS HT1000, including SID/STAR and Navigraph AIRAC updates. :-) I am currently working on external ATR autopilot to simulate it properly. BTW if Air Manager is able to reload images periodically I also have working RNAV map generation from GNSS rte, which could be integrated into EHSI. Please let me know, if you great project is still alive. Thank you.

Kind regards
litin
Hello Litin and welcome to the club 8-)

Though the image refresh is not on the menu for future versions of AM, tests have proven one can create as many img resources as needed for a moving map display (see other thread about a 737 ND on the works).

You can take use of the graphic library I developped if not already done for your display needs (see the specific thread about this)

Anxious to see what you have developed so far, especially if you managed to take use of the AIRAC database, which is the way to go IMHO. Contact me by PM if needed

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

litinoveweedle

#45 Post by litinoveweedle »

Hello,

I saw you library, but actually I not even started using Air Manager yet. What I have is standalone TK application which can run on both Linux(native) and Windows. And yes full AIRAC support including SID/STAR + transition is done. This GNSS is as close to reality as it could be. Actually my GNSS fly successfully in two level D FFS and few FNTP sims. :-) There is only one limitation - I did sold "professional pilot training" license to partner company, so usage of my GNSS is limited for enthusiasts/gaming. But I think we can live with that. :-)

My current interface to simulator was SIOC server, which has native connection via FSUIPC into FSX/P3D, but I am now working on native UDP interface to Xplane. So my application shall be able to read and write directly to Xplane datarefs. For the FMS screen output I can use whatever is needed, even custom datarefs, but I do not know if AM could work with custom datarefs out of the box, or if these has to be predefined in the AM plugin during its compilation.

Jacques: What is the system impact of creating new image lets say twice per second? What about memory consumption. Java is nasty pices of %*&( when comes to memory usage and without image destroy function I am really not sure.

Ralph: no need for image unload, reload will do just fine :-) Honestly I do not see proper image destroy function dangerous at all, but I do not know anything about AM implementation.

L.

Ralph

#46 Post by Ralph »

One of the problems is what happens if you make a call to an image that does not exist. Maybe you know what you're doing, but the system has to be idiot-proof. Corjan probably knows more objections. And apart from that we rather implement our own navigational system.

But ... regarding those custom datarefs. Air Manager can read and write custom datarefs. Not create them, if that's what you were after, I think not?

litinoveweedle

#47 Post by litinoveweedle »

Ralph, thank you for explanation. As I said you do not need to destroy image, reloading it from disk with proper file system lock will do. :-) And regarding calling non existent object - simple looking first if pointer exists and is valid will solve the issue. External image reload is not useful only for navigation, but as well for EGPWS and weather rather overlays which will hopefully possible with FS Global radar API.

I do not need to create custom datarefs - there are Xplane plugin which allows to create customs datarefs. So thank you very much for providing this information, it is great.

Regarding own FMC implementation, GNSS is actually simple than typical FMS as has no vertical guidance and thrust control. But even so, my implementation has >15000 lines of code excluding libraries. It is from my own experience project for years. ;-)

docjl

#48 Post by docjl »

litinoveweedle wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 am Hello guys,
So, I'm happy to see a message about the ATR. After I put it on the store in april, I have no news. I don't know if someone tried it....
Jean-Luc

litinoveweedle

#49 Post by litinoveweedle »

Hello Jean-Luc,

thank you for reply. Honestly I do not know, if now it is best time to buy AM2, when it seems that AM 3 is around the corner, so I think I will try it with AM3b for now. Just one question, I read that jml79 modified Aerosoft AR model to fix some issues. Until now I was flying Flight1 ATR on FSX, but it could not be interfaced properly. But at least most of the system was working. Did you tested jml79 improvements? What is your experience with Aerosoft ATR? I will need to decide if it is worthy to trash whole my FSX platform and go for Xplane. Thank you.

Kind regards
Dominik

docjl

#50 Post by docjl »

Hello Dominik,
I didn't try jml79's gauges, because he hasn't (as I know) put on store what he wanted to do... So...
For AM3, I haven't free time to understand and try this new version, honestly, it's since AM3 I got off the forum, or a bit far away it ;)
For Aerosoft'ATR, non it isn't a good product, a lot of deficiency (that's for this reason, I tried to compensate with my overhead to keep as near as truth). The problem is that they aren't other ATR for X-Plane :cry: It's a shame...
Jean-Luc