Aspen 1000 EFB premium

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZero

Re: Aspen 1000 EFB premium

#21 Post by JackZero »

JackZero wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:18 am CDI Source:
- The Aspen currently cannot select NAV2 as CDI source, pressing CDI source will just cycle between GPS1 and NAV1 (which is also wrong, see below). But I can select NAV 2 as bearing pointer, so the Aspen sees NAV2 correctly. When manually setting the HSI_source to NAV2 in X-Plane via Datarefs, the Aspen will show the NAV2 identifier at the correct place but the CDI deflection 'needle' isn't working.
I‘ve tried this again and I got one point mixed up: the CDI deflection works correctly but the Nav identifier is wrong and always shows the NAV1 ID.

JackZero

Re: Aspen 1000 EFB premium

#22 Post by JackZero »

I've now created an overlay instrument to sit on top of the lower Aspen display which will fix my issues regarding GPSS and NAV2. If anyone is interested send me a PM as for now I don't want to publish it here as it currently only works with a very similar setup (Autopilot w/o dedicated GPSS and two RealityXP GPS units with the correct configuration).

The instrument supplies it's own SI commands to override the CDI (Center) and GPSS (SK 4) with custom behavior and places text and images on top of the screen where appropriate:

The changes are so far:

GPSS
a) GPPS is not controlled via the dedicated GPSS-Autopilot-Mode but the Heading-is-GPSS DataRef (see posts above), as a real Aspen would also drive the autopilot via the Heading in GPSS mode.
b) The GPSS key will turn grey when the CDI isn't set to an GPS input, marking it unavailable and set the DataRef to 0.
c) The GPSS key will cycle the DataRef between 0 and 1 and turn the indicator green.

CDI
a) The CDI key will toggle the CDI between device 1 (NAV1/GPS1) and device 2 (NAV2/GPS2) but will not change the state the devices are in (GPS or VLOC). This is done by:
- Running the RealityXP Sync mode as "GPS -> SIM" (so changing the HSI_source_selector won't change the GPS state)
- Changing the HSI_source_selector to the appropriate value AND setting the RealityXP GPS Master (so the RXP GPS2 will write to the correct DataRefs if it's master)
b) Toggling between GPS and VLOC is only done via the GPS devices itself
c) The Nav-Data displayed in the upper left corner will always display the correct Data (VOR1/LOC1/GPS1 or VOR2/LOC2/GPS2).

Open issues, to :
- The GPSS label in place of the selected numeric heading in GPSS mode
- The NAV2/GPS2 label on the upper (attitude) display when following NAV2/GPS2