PA28R Panel

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jasong

PA28R Panel

#1 Post by jasong »

PANEL UPDATE 25-2-21

Here is a link to the latest update on the panel. Hopefully all the files required are in the .zip, if not let me know.

After installing, add the panel the usual way, but decide which Autopilot you want to use and remove the unwanted one. If you keep both you may have some mode setting bugs but not major.
If you don't want the radio com/nav instruments just remove them and add your choice.

If people download it can you please test the GS flag on the Vor1 instrument when shooting ILS or GNSS approaches, I'm not sure if it activates correctly.

Any suggestions let me know.
Hope it works.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao__HZjW8IusibNI8Mj ... g?e=1ab7R4
panel25-2.png
Last edited by jasong on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ralph

Re: PA28R Panel

#2 Post by Ralph »

You can create a panel in the Create/Edit tab. You can clone it from a/this panel you have in the Panels tab. Then you can export it from the Create/Edit tab as a siff file.

Looks very good! I might know someone who's interested, I'll let him know about your panel.

RyanK

#3 Post by RyanK »

Looks great! I'm who Ralph was referring to and I'm interested in helping to test the instruments. Could you send me a private message so I can give you some details? I'm unable because although I've lurked here for a long time, I haven't posted.

jasong

#4 Post by jasong »

Hi @Ralph That's sort of what I did but when I export the Panel and then import it to test it says 0 instruments imported . Am I supposed to export the instruments files on their own first.

Don't think my panel will be as good as the one's in development here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1669, but I need something at the moment so couldn't wait for release.

Things to do are;

Figure out how to hide and pop up instruments for fuel, trim etc..
Make TPM control (No idea on this yet)
Adjust fuel pressure gauge because it doesn't match xplane,
Some graphic detailing.
Create glass on/off function. (No idea on this yet)
Panel/instrument dimming. (No idea on this yet)
Code Low MP and flap gear warning.
Check NAV1 function/operation.
I'd like to include the engine vibrations I've seen scripted on the forums too, but when things are more done.
I may do the com radio but I already have a HW coded one so maybe not depending on time... plus there are already those avionics sets in the store.
I'll be basing some instruments on the arrow I fly so their appearance may not match the JF arrow exactly when I'm done.

CREDIT OTHER AUTHORS FOR THEIR ADAPTED WORK :mrgreen:

russ

#5 Post by russ »

If you are willing to share this with the community when done I am happy to mentor you as I've wanted to see a PA 28 for a while now. I think I can give you help with the areas you mentioned and help you over any hurdles you meet. let me know.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

russ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:28 pm If you are willing to share this with the community when done I am happy to mentor you as I've wanted to see a PA 28 for a while now. I think I can give you help with the areas you mentioned and help you over any hurdles you meet. let me know.
Hi Russ

Gilles @SimPassion submitted way back at the end of April a comprehensive set of PA28 panels.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1669

The hold up seems to be the admission process to the store. Ralph Just does not have the time to go through all the submissions and leaves developers frustrated. Hopefully he gets some help in this regard soon.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

russ

#7 Post by russ »

I will have a father son talk with Ralph :) Nothing worse than creating a masterpiece for the world and then having SI sit on iot for a while.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

doog

#8 Post by doog »

Looks great! let us know when it's up!!

SimPassion

#9 Post by SimPassion »

russ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:57 pm I will have a father son talk with Ralph :) Nothing worse than creating a masterpiece for the world and then having SI sit on iot for a while.
If someone understood this answer, let us know
Otherwise it could perhaps easily clarified ?
What's SI's intention around PA28 panels ?
What's russ's intention coming here ?

Gilles

russ

#10 Post by russ »

Gilles
It was an attempt at humor that obviously failed. First,I am old enough to be Ralph’s father. Second I have spoken to him before when he was slow about uploading my submissions. Finally, I have personally found it frustrating to work hard on and submit a panel that others may be eagerly waiting for only to take a few weeks to show up in the community store. No hidden message or agenda in my comments just an attempted joke. Sorry it was confusing to you and possibly others.
Russ
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist