PA28R Panel

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: PA28R Panel

#11 Post by SimPassion »

Ok Russ
at first we have to ask ourselves if we are easy with cultural sentences, it could be that for anyone who need to translate in his own mother tong, that this doesn't make any sense or appear easily understandable
Being here I would just have pointed out that we are in a community talking to a community, I guess English sentences are easy for those already talking English naturally and easily, which is not the case for everyone

Thanks in any case having tried to clarify after all

Gilles

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

Strange that the concept of a father providing guidance to his son is such a strange concept in any culture or language. You learn about the world everyday. :D

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I awoke this morning to find out that The collaboration that is doing the PA28 have in fact NOT SUBMITTED THE PANELS TO SI FOR THE STORE.

Ralph @Ralph I sincerely apologize for trying to nudge you to make these panels available when the issue dose not lie with you but the collaboration team.
Me, By being given the wrong impression and stating so, Ralph is going to receive a "Father to Son" :mrgreen: chat from @russ that is totally unnecessary.

This makes me more annoyed because it is going to jeopardize the wonderful relationship I have with the guys at SI. I will address the reasons/concerns in this regard in the PA28 thread as I have already contaminated this thread enough.

Once again Ralph I am sorry for thinking you were sitting on the instruments and not processing them to the store when in fact the issue lies with the development team.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#14 Post by SimPassion »

Sling wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:02 pm Strange that the concept of a father providing guidance to his son is such a strange concept in any culture or language. You learn about the world everyday. :D
One would extract a word or few in sentences, then making very bad statement based on it :twisted:
At least this is not me having focused on this specific word and the whole meaning shouldn't be there
That would have been amazing not to see coming such useless answer here, from people wanting to be in first position in every situation :roll:
Funny people in funny world :lol:

Gilles

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:06 am One would extract a word or few in sentences, then making very bad statement based on it :twisted:
At least this is not me having focused on this specific word and the whole meaning shouldn't be there
That would have been amazing not to see coming such useless answer here, from people wanting to be in first position in every situation :roll:
Funny people in funny world :lol:

Gilles
Not at all sure what any of this means. I’m not sure if you’re upset at my post or sharing a joke.

jasong

#16 Post by jasong »

Hi Guys, @russ , Am totally making this available to public, whether or not you think it's worthy of a store addition, I'll hope other can decide.
I hope to use this thread to post my work for others to follow and help if possible.
I don't want to upload to store in an official sense yet till I go through and can credit the other authors for adapting their hard work.

As I said I think the other PA28 thread will be better then my panel, but my concept is to try and have a lot of the controls, and instruments in AM so I don't have to click around the cockpit to access things all the time. Also when I practice I don't want to need to use all my controls, I just couch/bed :lol: fly using AM with the textbooks.
Last edited by jasong on Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

jasong

#17 Post by jasong »

Ok here's to hoping I can extract the panel... https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao__HZjW8Iusiaco6vn ... w?e=dhbeXs

The big switch above the mags/key is an attempt to fix the JF autopilot elevator servo failure. (update * I spoke to JF and in a future update they will fix this, so I'll remove the switch

If you've seen any forum topics relating to hiding and showing the instruments like the siminovation c172 fuel selector, that would be great so I can implement this for a few of those rare use items.

Also what would be best to use to make a TPM control? the vertical wheel ? or is there something else, again like how siminov did the c172.
Last edited by jasong on Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

russ

#18 Post by russ »

Ok guys... I certainly didn’t mean to stir things up with my post. I have been away from the forum for a while doing other things including caring for my 90 year old mother. I was kidding about giving Ralph a fatherly talk. And no one needs to worry about their relationship with Ralph for an honest mistake. He wears big boy pants and can take it. Note: That last sentence was actually kind of a joke too, sorry...but he does wear pants with his wooden shoes. Also, I am excited whenever someone takes the time to create a new AM panel and submits it to the store. I gave some of my panels to SI to sell as pay panels because at the time things were pretty lean for Ralph and Corjan and being retired I was doing okay. Personally I love the concept of sharing and collaboration in the AM community...in the Sim community in general. I also know that gifted guys like Ralph and Corjan are trying to make a living doing what most of us consider a hobby. Unless they can provide for their families and their future they would be forced to use their talents elsewhere. That is why I have tried to support them... I want them to succeed because AM has added immeasurable enjoyment and quality to my hobby. It may actually be a bit self serving rather than altruistic. As we say in English, “Never kill the goose that lays the golden eggs”.

Please don’t take anything I say too seriously... I certainly don’t 😁( smiley face = attempted humor)
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

russ

#19 Post by russ »

Ok here's to hoping I can extract the panel... https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao__HZjW8Iusiaco6vn ... w?e=dhbeXs

Plenty of freeware programs to extract a .rar ... wouldn’t a .zip or better still a .siff be better.

The big switch above the mags/key is an attempt to fix the JF autopilot elevator servo failure. (update * I spoke to JF and in a future update they will fix this, so I'll remove the switch

If you've seen any forum topics relating to hiding and showing the instruments like the siminovation c172 fuel selector, that would be great so I can implement this for a few of those rare use items.

There is a way to show and hide instruments in a panel ...but it has to be In the panel script. Look under instrument in the api wiki. You create a reference using the uuid of the instrument and then you can use visible() to show or hide it.

When making the paid Cessna panel well before panel scripts existed I used this method which might be simpler. Just clone the gauge you want to show and hide. Put a small switch on it to use to toggle it’s visibility. Then create a group of everything in the instrument including the background ( but not the toggle show/hide switch). Use a global variable to track the visibility state of the group and then just toggle visibility of the group upon each click. Does that make sense?

Also what would be best to use to make a TPM control? the vertical wheel ? or is there something else, again like how siminov did the c172.

I used a slider where the thumb image was the knob on the throttle and mixture when making those gauges.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

jasong

#20 Post by jasong »

Thanks Russ... I'm off to the code shed.