PA28R Panel

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

HiTechRob

Re: PA28R Panel

#51 Post by HiTechRob »

Jason,

In your PA-28R panel, how do I get a GNS530 screen to show up where your radio stack is? I think I need to cut out that area of the panel so the data window for the GPS shows up where I am putting the 530 instrument on your panel. Does that make sense? Attached is a picture of how I have tweaked your PA-28 panel...
PA28 Air Manager panel-1.jpg

jasong

#52 Post by jasong »

Hi,
Here is the panel in .pdn format which is paint.net https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao__HZjW8IusibgG1bv ... A?e=UMRFsU
just delete the parts (so it is transparent) you don't want and also layers you dont need, then merge all and save as .png. Go to the panel in create edit and replace the image as the new background.
When I finish creating the required instruments I need, I'll will make other panels for the GNS and GTN's and options for the user to choose which radio nav comms the user want's.

Are you running the Aspen as a separate panel? then just dragging in place? is it the good Aspen or the free one? I don't have the purchased one. but I'm wondering if you can send me the GUID for the instrument (I wonder if the GUID is unique for each purchase or a standard GUID for all?) I can then make a popup button that puts it in position. I don't think ill be able to hide it again as i don't think we can edit purchased instruments.

I noticed your using the digital egt gauge do you have this in the dakota? the arrow i fly has the cgr-30p so im going to put that in later.

does the gtx345 work?

Does the prop control work with the dakota?

jasong

#53 Post by jasong »

Evening All,

Just looking for some feedback regarding the GTN/GNS overlays.

Please see the Pic :shock:

I'm a bit puzzled what to do with the avionics stack if to fit on one screen. It would be easy just to add a second RH screen and add them there. But not everyone can afford a 2nd Touch screen.

What should I do with the space below the 530? (I'll also do a 430 version) Do I just leave the instruments like, Com2,DME, ADF, and transponder. so the user positions what they want? Don't add them at all? or do I make them bigger (readable) (out of position) and just hide them by using use a button to popup/hide when required?
example.png

Sling

#54 Post by Sling »

I think the point about instruments being as close to real world as possible is the key here. I came to the conclusion long ago now that 2 screens is the minimum one needs for a semi realistic instrument panel. You can keep reducing sizes until everything fits onto one but I agree with the view that this is a far from ideal solution.

From a cost perspective adding a second touch screen is a great investment in your sim. I understand not everyone can immediately get there but it should be in the plan longer term in my view. It’s also a cheaper alternative to after market radio stacks etc that tend to be on the second monitor. For anyone using the sim as a training aid it’s an easy decision based on the costs associated with flight training.

My 2 cents :-)

jasong

#55 Post by jasong »

I agree @Sling Tony,

It's just cluttering with the one screen, Thanks for the input, I'll do a RH side (in time)

Sling

#56 Post by Sling »

I think it’s for the best but that’s my opinion. I’d be interested to hear what others think.

Keith Baxter

#57 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Yes definitely two or more screens. Two 21" screens seem to give the correct size of the instruments.

I was surprised haw many hardware bezels in thingiverse were oversize. Not sure it it is done that way to accommodate component availability on not.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jasong

#58 Post by jasong »

Getting there with the GTN
gtn.png

Ralph

#59 Post by Ralph »

There's a GTN750 bezel available in Air Manager 4.0, it's ready for touch and Knobster.

jasong

#60 Post by jasong »

wow been a year since I've had time to work on this panel again :D

So I'm working on updating it to make it ready for the download list, but I've run into a couple of snags;
I've been able to package it up and put all the panels into the one file for user preference of instruments ie gtn,gns, analogue etc...
I've Added the Aspen (paid).
I'm trying to add the G5 units so the user can select within the PA28 panel a PFD G5 or/and a HS G5 but I don't understand how the G5 units are packaged.
I am adding the G5 Bezel and the G5 using GUID (d6df79f9-f505-495c-b1c3-4a5fa19b5a3d & 3bacca55-194e-4b40-866d-bdabd3b901ac respectively) but when I add a second unit to be the HSI in "Create/Edit Mode" how do I control the G5 to 1- set it to HSI by default and 2- be able to control the visibility and movement of the instrument, because the GUID's are the same when adding a second unit?
(When I say visibility I'm adding the G5 into my panel and using a tick box for the user to select if they want it or not using visible in logic.lua as the control)

It's hard to explain, and I'm sure I don't make sense. I'm happy to upload the panel if one of you guys could take a look @Corjan , @Ralph as this is the G5 paid instrument.

Thanks again guys!

When this is done I just have to get the REP datarefs and add them, duplicate the panels for REP. Then I can upload. Then we can look at adding the datarefs for JF MS2020 for the arrow (I'm not sure if I will have time for this, but I'm happy to pass the panel on)