Proline PFD/MFD

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

xp-wym

Re: Proline PFD/MFD

#11 Post by xp-wym »

Small demo of PFD prototype in action.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

Mega awesome! That would work beautiful on a Raspberry Pi with hardware input :)

xp-wym

#13 Post by xp-wym »

I've got 2 raspberry Pi's sitting there waiting for solid pi version.

Still many lines of code to write - however, most of the basic functionality is there.

Still yet to write TCAS functionality to it. Checklist functionality will be written to the MFD.

Stuff that will have to wait until future versions of airmanager are:
Wx Radar
Overlays/Plan views for navigation.
FMS/CDU

twinSim

#14 Post by twinSim »

Hi,

being on G1000 currently the ProLine 21 would be something that I have been thinking of in cockpit building already quite often. Having flown 2 times in a Level D Citation sim I loved it. Your retention looks really great and I just want to say that is a pleasure to follow your activity.

I do unterstand that xplane is apparently an interesting platform for cockpit programmers - as I see most of the real complex gauges developed on this platform first. This is why I am currently just supporting AM with my purchase - but not using it. But I can imagine that a Pro Line might be something that has a future aswell on P3D on AM once it is launched!

Best, Alfred

JackZ

#15 Post by JackZ »

For most of the AM gauges, there should be an P3D counterpart of the XPLANE version, as the XPlane variables have more or less their equivalent in P3D/FSX, speaking of "generic" ones.

Sometimes there is a need to convert the units used by the variable, as it can be different between XP and P3D.

Not too complicated to do though, maybe you could check this to get an idea.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

twinSim

#16 Post by twinSim »

Hi Jacques!

Thanks for the hint. But actually there are so many xplane projects on Siminnovations and there is now a xp11 which really is how I expect a sim to be that I am now transitioning to xplane. So I look forward to further updates from your side!

All the best from Vienna
Alfred

xp-wym

#17 Post by xp-wym »

Been a while.

This is what I have been able to achieve in the last week or two. Had a few CNC issues along the way. Still early days.

Enjoy.

xp-wym

#18 Post by xp-wym »

Finally got the mapping function working. Drawing/processing it is resource hungry though.

I will upload a video of the full standalone unit up and running soon.
proline wip.png

xp-wym

#19 Post by xp-wym »

Here is another quick and dirty. You can see the mapping function works. As it stands though, it does chew up a lot of computing power, and can probably be optimised.

Enjoy.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

Very cool! Is it possible to turn certain nav sources on and off?
Looks like the height of the 100 feet running text is too low, the digits are cut-off at the bottom.