Some Instruments for A320 from FlightFactor

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

catflyer38

Some Instruments for A320 from FlightFactor

#1 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi, during the last couple of month, I worked on the development of Air Manager instruments for the FlightFactor A320 ultimate, 14 instruments where sent to the Air Manager team to be shared with the Air Manager users soon.
The instruments are developed for: Air Manager, X-plane 11 and the FlightFactor A320 ultimate.
Testing was performed using: Windows 10, Xplane (11.35r1), Air Manager 3.6 and FlightFactor A320 Ultimate(0.10.8-2305).

The following instruments will be shared:
1. Nosewheel tiller
2. ATC & TCAS
3. Autobrake
4. Autoland
5. Com Radio
6. ECAM
7. EFIS
8. Engine start
9. FCU
10. Flaps
11. Gear Lever
12. Parkbrake
13. Rudder Trimm
14. Speed Brake
Important:
Air Manager instruments using datarefs, read the FFA320 documentation on how to use the datarefs first!!! I believe FFA320 datarefs where published starting version 0.94, this was the time I started with my development. Some of the instruments require to add datarefs into a file called publish.txt.
This file is located in the airplane installation directory/data directory. In my case it is:
"C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Extra Aircraft\FlightFactor A320 ultimate\data\publish.txt"
The datarefs to be added are explained in the instrument and a file add2publish.txt is included in the
Air Manager instrument resource directory, just paste the content into publish.txt. Restart of X plane is required after adding.

The instruments created are shown on the following three panels (the panels are not shared yet, since I am still working on them).

The Primary Flight, Navigation, ECAM and MFD displays, shown through the panels, are XTextureExtractor windows and not Air Manager instruments!!!!
A320_glareshield.png
A320_uper_pedestal.png
A320_lower_pedestal.png

Regards Alexander

alexis_maria

Re: Some Instruments for A320 from FlightFactor

#2 Post by alexis_maria »

THANK´SSSSSSS

JackZ

#3 Post by JackZ »

Nice work!

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Flakster

#4 Post by Flakster »

That looks very impressive, I can't wait to try the panels.

Will the panels be fixed, or are they able to be edited ?
ie: can you place the individual gear/flap/TCAS modules etc into a user preferred location on their display ?

Great work catflyer38

alexis_maria

#5 Post by alexis_maria »

WE HOPE that Air Manager will allow us to have them soon.

catflyer38

#6 Post by catflyer38 »

I created three panels to place the 14 instruments, each instrument can be placed on your own panel and moved resized.

The word instrument in this case is a little bit misleading, they are actual panels. The smallest unit in Air Manager is an instrument and panel are used to combine several instruments.

Regards Alexander

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

catflyer38 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:02 am I created three panels to place the 14 instruments, each instrument can be placed on your own panel and moved resized.

The word instrument in this case is a little bit misleading, they are actual panels. The smallest unit in Air Manager is an instrument and panel are used to combine several instruments.

Regards Alexander
Instrument as a word in the AM context can be any individual project. It could be a whole instrument panel if you wanted to script it that way but generally it means a gauge which is often referred to as an instrument, a radio related unit, a display or controls of some sort like a switch panel. Think of panel in the AM context as the whole or significant part of the aircraft instrument panel. Now that term has both word's in it. Yes a little confusing and we have had this discussion before. Is there better terminology though? Particularly also because the existing user base has got used to how it is.

Nice job with the A320 collection.

Tony

catflyer38

#8 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Tony thanks for your reply, you are right users understand the difference, but when I tried to explain the instruments I always was confused because writing the instrument .. just feeld strange. What about using the following terminology: we have: instrument , instrument panel (both are instruments) and panels.

I like your series of videos regarding the Air Manager API's. When I contacted Ralph regarding my first instrument panels he mentioned several standards and dont's, like do not use prints etc. Can't we get into contact to discuss the creation of a video for Airmanager panel developer that explains more about how Simulator, Airplane and Air Manager working together (interfaces, performance etc.)
Specifics for certain Airplane types (i can provide my experiences with the FFA320)
etc.
Regards Alexander from Munich Bavaria

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

The problem with instrument panel for me is that it can also refer to the panel as in MIP (Main Instrument Panel). For AM purposes I think how it is now is ok.

Flakster

#10 Post by Flakster »

I created three panels to place the 14 instruments, each instrument can be placed on your own panel and moved resized.
Thanks Alexander, I count 16 instruments across your three panels:

Panel 1
1) FCU
2) PFD
3) ND

Panel 2
4) ECAM
5) SD
6) LDG GEAR/A/Brake A/Skid
7) LDG GEAR

Panel 3
8) SWITCH
9) RADIO
10)TILLER
11)SPEEDBRAKE
12)ENG MASTER
13)RUDDER
14)PARKBRK
15)TCAS
16)FLAPS

So if the user wished to reduce the quantity of 'instruments' on a panel, they could simply delete the instruments they do not require on that specific panel ? This is just a query out of interest, no matter what they will be a welcome inclusion to the AM library - once again, thank you for all your hard work.

For example, if Gear and Flaps were the only requirement: see below
Attachments
GearFlap.png