Classic Boeings

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

frumpy

Re: Classic Boeings

#91 Post by frumpy »

You are teasing us! :P

What about the 737-project, looks almost finished but now you are concentrating on the 747?

BW901

#92 Post by BW901 »

Yeah the 737 is done, but to be honest I gave up on the aircraft itself, got a bit frustrated that in some ways (in my opinion) it's an approximation rather than a simulation. The 747 has really impressed me in terms of depth and the way Felis has handled datarefs meant that hooking it up to Air Manager has resulted in not too much hair pulling. I suppose I ought to finally finish the 737 - I've learnt a few improved techniques and it looks a bit ropey in places so the OCD in me says I'd need to improve it, but the 747's so much more enjoyable. Sorry if this is a non-Air Manager image, but I couldn't resist. Driving this thing down the IGS with full-size Air Manager-driven instruments is a treat (and they're AM4 from the start, which the 737 isn't).

frumpy

#93 Post by frumpy »

Humhum, I don't want to know how many hours you put in the 737-instruments. :shock:
I'm an IXEG guy - for the 747 I can only think of PSX.
But honestly, if you like to publish your gauges for the 737 at the current state, I'll buy you a coffee (or two!) :P

Detlef

#94 Post by Detlef »

Jon,

this is just to let you know, how impressive your work looks. I loved to fly 737 and 747 in FSX. Do you plan to upload your instruments/panels here? Are the panels for X-Plane default aircrafts or for which developer exactly?

I have made instruments for an aircraft myself and I am really impressed by the level of details you made. Gets me thinking to fly Boeing again :)

Regards,
Detlef

BW901

#95 Post by BW901 »

Hi Frumpy,

I'd need to re-visit the 737 gauges, there are so many faults and improvements to make when I look at them now!! I'm going to get the 742 gauges done first, at least that way I'm releasing instruments for a brand new aircraft, rather than one which is a few years old. The 742's quite a step up, in terms of software quality, than the 732. I fired it up in XP a couple of days ago, and I'll find it hard to go back, the 742 hand flies really well and the systems modelling is deeper.

@Detlef, thanks for the comments. The instruments are tied directly to specific X-Plane 11 aircraft, custom datarefs accessed wherever possible to provide as much compatibility as possible. The 747-200 has 90%+ custom daterefs, but also different developers work differently, some provide instrument needle positioning as a value (eg actual IAS), others work on angle of needle deflection. Also I use custom magvar databases which are built into the panels so that I can accurately fly historic scenery - I do not like EFIS, FMCs, GPS or Magenta lines!

I have not released the 737 or 727 panels yet. They were the first instruments I developed, hence why I'm reluctant now to release as I've learnt a load more better ways to do things on the 747. The 747-200 instruments will be released at https://747classic.freeforums.net fairly soon (the aircraft itself is still in Beta and not yet available, so you'd be getting instruments you couldn't use if I posted them now). I am doing it there rather than through Siminnovations so I have control to update/change etc without waiting for anyone else's approval or review. The 747-200 instruments and panels will be free to download as .siff files which you can import straight into AM.

I saw your work on the Saab, nice, just be careful - this gets to be very, very addictive :D

Jon

Detlef

#96 Post by Detlef »

Hi Jon,
BW901 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:57 pm Also I use custom magvar databases which are built into the panels so that I can accurately fly historic scenery
Wow! You are really dedicated to the task! Good work!
BW901 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:57 pm I saw your work on the Saab, nice, just be careful - this gets to be very, very addictive :D
Thank you and yes, it can get you hooked. After all, it is very satifying to create instruments and make them work to your own taste. Unfortunately I tend to deviate from the real life instruments sometimes, if it suits me or if it is too much work otherwise.

Detlef

jph

#97 Post by jph »

BW901 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:57 pm Hi Frumpy,

I'd need to re-visit the 737 gauges, there are so many faults and improvements to make when I look at them now!! I'm going to get the 742 gauges done first, at least that way I'm releasing instruments for a brand new aircraft, rather than one which is a few years old. The 742's quite a step up, in terms of software quality, than the 732. I fired it up in XP a couple of days ago, and I'll find it hard to go back, the 742 hand flies really well and the systems modelling is deeper.

@Detlef, thanks for the comments. The instruments are tied directly to specific X-Plane 11 aircraft, custom datarefs accessed wherever possible to provide as much compatibility as possible. The 747-200 has 90%+ custom daterefs, but also different developers work differently, some provide instrument needle positioning as a value (eg actual IAS), others work on angle of needle deflection. Also I use custom magvar databases which are built into the panels so that I can accurately fly historic scenery - I do not like EFIS, FMCs, GPS or Magenta lines!

I have not released the 737 or 727 panels yet. They were the first instruments I developed, hence why I'm reluctant now to release as I've learnt a load more better ways to do things on the 747. The 747-200 instruments will be released at https://747classic.freeforums.net fairly soon (the aircraft itself is still in Beta and not yet available, so you'd be getting instruments you couldn't use if I posted them now). I am doing it there rather than through Siminnovations so I have control to update/change etc without waiting for anyone else's approval or review. The 747-200 instruments and panels will be free to download as .siff files which you can import straight into AM.

I saw your work on the Saab, nice, just be careful - this gets to be very, very addictive :D

Jon
WOW !. A 732 version would be absolutely and utterly amazing - if you ever get time to revisit it. My absolute favourite aircraft ever. In fact, I would happily pay 100 euros for a quality representation. Maybe more. :)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

BW901

#98 Post by BW901 »

I will get back to the 732 before too long.

In the meantime I’ve started uploading 747-200 instruments with previews and download links at the freeforums.net site noted in earlier posts.

Felis makes extensive use of custom datarefs and object (gauge needles etc) handling so most gauges are custom coded for the 742 and won’t work with other aircraft. Hopefully aircraft release is not too far away, a few YouTube and Twitch streamers have it now and so far they’re giving the 747-200 a big thumbs up.

jubustam

#99 Post by jubustam »

Hello everyone:

I need 737 gauges for P3D, its possible to get them like a beta Tester?

Thanks

Jeb

JackZ

#100 Post by JackZ »

WoW…. I guess we have a winner here.
Did you EVER read the whole thread?
The gauges are a WIP, are for XPlane and the FJSim addon specifically, do you REALLY think they can be transferred as is to P3D with a clic of a button?

Anyways, any post that starts with « I need.. » should be approached with caution. If you really NEED something, bite the bullet and learn to create yourself, or at least try to convert the gauges to P3D (good luck with that) to fulfill your « needs » and share to the community.

At least the post says « Hello «  and « thanks » which is not that bad.
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ