Classic Boeings

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jubustam

Re: Classic Boeings

#101 Post by jubustam »

JackZ wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:16 am WoW…. I guess we have a winner here.
Did you EVER read the whole thread?
The gauges are a WIP, are for XPlane and the FJSim addon specifically, do you REALLY think they can be transferred as is to P3D with a clic of a button?

Anyways, any post that starts with « I need.. » should be approached with caution. If you really NEED something, bite the bullet and learn to create yourself, or at least try to convert the gauges to P3D (good luck with that) to fulfill your « needs » and share to the community.

At least the post says « Hello «  and « thanks » which is not that bad.

jubustam

#102 Post by jubustam »

Excuses for my first approach, I´m very sorry. Clear for me.....

Thanks again.

BW901

#103 Post by BW901 »

Hi Jeb,

I only use X-Plane I'm afraid, so I won't be doing anything for P3D or MSFS, at least not for the foreseeable future as my favourite Boeing, the 747 Classic, is about to be released for XP11.

Probably not much interest to you as a P3D user, but most of the Air Manager gauges I've made so far for the 742 are already available at https://747classic.freeforums.net/. Waiting to update a few and add some missing ones to the primary panels ASAP after the aircraft is released, once I know about a couple of currently missing commands. Also there is historic X-Plane scenery to appropriately fly the 742, PFPX profiles and lot of other 747-Classic related stuff.

If you can't find what you're looking for, maybe consider making your own instruments, it may seem like an impossible proposition at first, but it's a lot of fun and very satisfying actually developing something that fits your specs exactly.

Cheers
Jon

jubustam

#104 Post by jubustam »

Hi Jon,

Very kind for your reply. I will follow your advice and I´ll study to build my own gauges for 737-200.

Regards,

JEB

BW901

#105 Post by BW901 »

The INS units are now coded for the Felis 742 and available for download from my forum site. The unit can be set up as INS1, INS2 or INS3, so you can run whatever combination you want on your Air Manager network. Hopefully Felis is just a few days away from release!

Keith Baxter

#106 Post by Keith Baxter »

Looking good Jon,

The graphics look a bit "STATIC" .
Are they canvas_draw()

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

BW901

#107 Post by BW901 »

No they're images Keith, tend to look a bit better at larger size. Using photos was giving such a variance in visuals that I went for a more uniform flat-screen trainer/CBT look. The buttons depress so there's a visual feedback when pushed. It took 3 days to programme the INS, so I'm more worried about functionality right now, it's quite a big cockpit in the 742 with a lot going on! Once it's useable and more complete I can worry about dynamic shadows etc on knobs and switches, but it's substance over looks right now......

Keith Baxter

#108 Post by Keith Baxter »

BW901 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:13 pm No they're images Keith, tend to look a bit better at larger size. Using photos was giving such a variance in visuals that I went for a more uniform flat-screen trainer/CBT look. The buttons depress so there's a visual feedback when pushed. It took 3 days to programme the INS, so I'm more worried about functionality right now, it's quite a big cockpit in the 742 with a lot going on! Once it's useable and more complete I can worry about dynamic shadows etc on knobs and switches, but it's substance over looks right now......
Hi

Yes i mostly do the same and get hammered by Jacques and Tony. :lol: :lol:

Going to be a fence sitter here. regarding the looks..

Press on with the function. It takes many hours i know.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

JackZ

#109 Post by JackZ »

I don't use a hammer, but Skinman is my weapon! :lol:
*Still a WIP, the buttons are on the works
image.png
Here's my reference photo:
image.png
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

JackZ