Classic Boeings

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Classic Boeings

#51 Post by SimPassion »

I see on my notification list, a Russ's notification of a reply in this thread, however I don't see it here ???

Gilles

image.png
image.png (5.07 KiB) Viewed 3967 times

Ralph

#52 Post by Ralph »

Maybe he removed his reply?

SimPassion

#53 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks Ralph, this make sense
I wasn't aware phpBB wouldn't remove the notification itself for no more post in place on the thread, thought it would be their building logic ...

Just seen the same behavior with your post on "Updating instruments in the Store" thread
so it would become obvious to me

Gilles

Ralph

#54 Post by Ralph »

It indeed does not remove the notification if the reply is removed. That seems to be too sophisticated for phpBB :)

Sling

#55 Post by Sling »

Ah that explains a few things.

BW901

#56 Post by BW901 »

Thank you Siminnovations!

Thanks for a superb piece of software which has given me hours of entertainment over the last couple of years. My 737-200 panels are now functioning - everything works with the FJS 737-200 except for panel lighting dimmers (though there's a bit more code tweaking and some graphics work still to do). More than that with AM we can build on the X-Plane software and introduce multiple instrument and layout options. A programmable keyboard allows single press actuation of functions like the radalt knob.

The overhead is now on a touchscreen, I didn't go with a scrollbar but have three hidden touch points which cycle between left and right side and upper panel.

Settled down with drink and snacks to watch a Christmas afternoon movie - "Air Manager Does Arduino" on Youtube starring Russ Barlow and the result shortly afterwards was working LED, switch and rotary encoder. I'm amazed that converting my on-screen panels to accept hardware input needed ONE LINE OF CODE only for each function !! Amazingly simple.

So thank you again Siminnovations ! Thank you also to the great community in this forum for loads of help and suggestions which helped keep me on track. All the best to everyone for 2020.

Jon

Sling

#57 Post by Sling »

Jon,

The project is looking great. Have a great 2020 also.

Tony

frumpy

#58 Post by frumpy »

Looking great!

Serge Luke

#59 Post by Serge Luke »

Wow, beautiful. If they work on FlyJSim 737-200, wouldn't they also work on FlyJSim 727 series?

BW901

#60 Post by BW901 »

Hi Serge,

It depends on the datarefs. If "standard" Xplane datarefs are used, yes they'll work on the 732 or the 737. So for example my 2 RMI variations work on both the 727 and the 732. But for most actuators (switches) and annunciators FJS provide different datarefs. Also once you move away from the MIP there is very little commonality - I believe the 727 cockpit was about 60% common with the 707. I did start on the 727 and the flight engineer's panel, but because the IXEG 733 will be updated shortly I switched instead to working on that.

After a couple of day's work I have about 80% of the IXEG overhead working in Air Manager now - I need to tidy up the differences between the -200 and -300 panels, and all the centre MIP for which we currently have datarefs also works. IXEG indicate that they will be publishing datarefs for all switches and annunciators and adding specific switch state datarefs, which will help for example with holding the APU switch in the start position, which I can't manage at the moment, the switch works buts it's only momentary in the Start position. I see that XTextureExtractor also now allows the EADI and EHSI to be networked, which I want to try this week. I just downloaded AM3.7 and did a quick test on panel transparencies, so hopefully can now built captain and FO panels around those two extracted textures - I just got it working on the same PC as Xplane. Also I finally got around to working with some code Keith Baxter kindly sent me many months ago so on parts of the overhead I have basic backlighting integrated with the IXEG lighting, together with panel brightness linked automatically to X-Plane's ambient light. It's a fair bit of extra work to add across the whole cockpit but the effect is quite neat, and watching the AM panels get darker through sunset makes the work worthwhile.