Classic Boeings

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

Re: Classic Boeings

#111 Post by JackZ »

image.png
image.png
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

BW901

#112 Post by BW901 »

Well I guess I owe thanks to the little clique who are self-appointed police and arbiters of all things Air Manager and on this forum. Thanks for taking over development of my Boeing instruments. Thanks for making me realise just how bad my gauges actually look, and thanks for saving me time, as I now have one less forum to look at occasionally.

JackZ

#113 Post by JackZ »

WoW. That was unexpected.

Just for the record, I obviously PMed first the OP and offered him to help with the graphic resources since he hinted that graphics were not his furthermost priority at the moment, and that he had trouble with the classic Photoshop methods he used previously for this instrument.
Here’s an excerpt of my message.
Hi Jon

Very nice job as usual! I like your dedication to these old steam gauges and thought I could help

Felt like your hard work deserves the best graphics, so if you want I can create the graphic resources for you with better 3D effects and shadows from scratch in Skinman, so it can match the rest of your instruments.
Never at anytime I criticized his work nor the quality of his job, for which my previous posts are an ample proof. Not even thought of taking over his job, I have enough on my plate already…

And for the record I am no part of any « clique » whatsoever.
I didn’t expect that the OP was just waiting for pure awe and admiration about his work without any comment.

If the OP feels offended by an offer of help, that’s his problem, not mine. Anyways, I had fun with Skinman, so my offer still stands, if not I will reuse the graphics for a personnal gauge, the DELCO Carousel IV-A is a fairly common gauge on other planes than the Felis which I don’t have yet.

Jacques

jph

#114 Post by jph »

Wow, that was certainly an unexpected case of 'toys out of the pram' ......................... :roll:
The original 'graphics' seemed to be more or less a direct copy / cut /paste /edit of a readily available (Commercial!) cockpit training aid poster as a quick and easy basis - which is why it looked so flat and lifeless - so I do not see any issue in people amending things in a helpful way anyway. I thought that the examples posted show what COULD be achieved when time permits and offered an insight. Ah well. Some people are just too damn sensitive maybe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

JackZ

#115 Post by JackZ »

@jph Thanks! I learnt a new English expression that perfectly applies to the situation. Anyways, someone’s else loss, not mine.

jph

#116 Post by jph »

@JackZ .yup, it's an appropriate phrase here.. 'spitting out the dummy' has the same meaning but the throwing the toys out .... is more apt and common. Very weird reaction but hey. ;)
Perhaps the people selling cockpit posters and training aids will withdraw them all from sale, jump up and down on them and then burn them because people are using thier graphics as a design basis?
Sheesh......
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

josbloem

#117 Post by josbloem »

Very nice work. Is it available somewere

JackZ

#118 Post by JackZ »

Read the thread. Post#86 & #95