The new AM collection for FlightFactor Airbus A320 (FFA320)

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Malun

Re: The new AM collection for FlightFactor Airbus A320 (FFA320)

#11 Post by Malun »

I am so thrilled to see your work with the FFA320 panels!
As you see in the picture below I am currently running the ZIBO 737 overhead panel on a touchscreen in AirManager, together with the EFB on the touchscreen to the left.
My dream is to be able to load up a corresponding overhead panel for the A320. If there is anything I can do to help - just let me know! :D
I have done some dataref scripting to interface the HW and switches so I know a bit at least.
Best wishes and keep up the good work!!
sim2_size.jpg

catflyer38

#12 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Malun, you have a nice setup, looks like you have a DOF Reality as well. Currently I am not using mine, was not so happy with the behavior. For sim racing it works fine but for flight sim it feels not so well.

Anyway I am just in the process of rewriting my lights overhead panel, as soon its complete I will post it here.
Lets set up a zoom conf. in the next days and discuss how to work together

Regards Alexander

This is the preview:

preview.png

catflyer38

#13 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Malun, sorry forgot to mention that this is the mod version. I added the APU bleed button until later when the air condition panel will be available.

Regards Alexander

rljacks

#14 Post by rljacks »

Hi,
I am very interested in this project. Have been using 3 kindles and space desk to display spereate screens, but spacedesk can be unstable. I am learning about AM and would love to incoporate it into my fbw A320 sim. Thanks!

catflyer38

Adding "night view mode" to my panels, Oktoberfest edition!

#15 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi folks, the second year in row we are not able to celebrate our famous Oktoberfest, so instead of drinking beer I am in the process of reworking all of my Air Manager panels for the FFA320.

The instrument panels and panels will become a 3 layer design to support a pseudo “night view” look.

The panel background can be dimmed separately from the text, lines and the instrument lights.

Its a massive redesign all my over 30 FFA320 instruments panels and panels, therefor it will take me some more days to complete it.
After completion you will be able to download the instrument panels /panels via this forum, so stay tuned.

Example FFA320 Autobrake panel:

1. Panel, text,lines and instrument lights are dimmed:

Screenshot 2021-09-21 084005.png

2. Only text,lines and instrument lights are dimmed

Screenshot 2021-09-21 084055.png

3. Daylight mode (night mode off)

Screenshot 2021-09-21 084129.png

Night mode can be turned on via a AM User property.
Panel dimming can be performed via the FLOOD LT MAIN PNL and text, lines , dimming of the instrument lights can be performed via the INTEG LT MAIN PNL& PED.
You can use knobs of the FFA320 or a separate AM instrument panel

Screenshot 2021-09-21 085731.png

Regards Alexander

JackZ

#16 Post by JackZ »

Nice work!
A quick remark:
- The night backlighting is for the texts and lines.
Each Korry that can be pressed is surrounded by a squared color line, while the indicators only are not (for example the landing gear position indicators). These contours are not visible by day, only when backlighting is on.
- The real korry size should be slightly smaller than the rectangular hole itself.
- The hole around regular toggle switches is much larger
- flood LT panel is for controlling the flood lamps located on the glare shield. These are area lights. The backlight of texts and korries/switches contours is controlled by the INTEGRATED LIGHT dial.
The dimming of the legends in the korries push button is done via the ANN LT switch on the overhead. There is only two positions bright and dim

The font used in the legends should be Futura condensed
See attached pictures of a real panel
Backlighting off
75C7090D-9471-457D-BA6C-E8289CB30EE6.jpeg
Backlighting on
45AFF40C-0C90-48A2-9F90-E21FE3ADD5F1.jpeg
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

catflyer38

#17 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Jaques, thanks for your feedback, I will work on the changes next weekend.

Changing the font on all my over 30 instruments would be way to much effort, beside that I could not find his font in skin man.

Regards Alexander

Keith Baxter

#18 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Just a tip on fonts and style. Not in skinman. just in code and canvas_draw()

I use a bits and bobs library and the font can be a var.

So instead of doing this and being fixed to a specific font .

Code: Select all

robR_14vlgC="font:roboto_regular.ttf; size:14px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_16vlgC="font:roboto_regular.ttf; size:16px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_20vlgC="font:roboto_regular.ttf; size:20px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_22vlgC="font:roboto_regular.ttf; size:22px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_24vlgC="font:roboto_regular.ttf; size:24px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
The font can also be within a table for multiple choices or a simple variable

Code: Select all

font_var="roboto_regular.ttf"

robR_14vlgC=" font:font_var; size:14px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_16vlgC=" font:font_var; size:16px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_20vlgC=" font:font_var; size:20px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_22vlgC=" font:font_var; size:22px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_24vlgC=" font:font_var; size:24px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"

---or the var could be a table

font_var={"roboto_regular.ttf", "myfont2.ttf","myfont3.ttf"........}

robR_14vlgC=" font:font_var[1]; size:14px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"
robR_16vlgC=" font:font_var[1]; size:16px; color: #CDCDCD; halign:center; valign:center;"

This make things easier when one needs to do bulk edit on font style.
Tables could also be used for size,color and alignment

But of course you can always use notepad++ to just change a simple instrument.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#19 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Adding the font in the PNG, for me restricts a lot. I like to add the font in code over the top of the .png.
This give one the benefit of changing the text and panel markings opacity and color to give the different lighting effects.
Just something I do for that little bit extra.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

JackZ

#20 Post by JackZ »

In that particular case, the font has to be embedded in the png resource, as the Korry is animated. Ie there is basically up 12 images and even more per Korry: pressed/ released, lit/unlit, upper legend/lower legend, in each case with dim and bright.

So I definitely get Alexander’s problem in having to recreate each and every korry images for this in SkinMan!
Fortunately, the legends are not that different on the overhead mostly they are ON/FAULT either in cyan or in white and amber.
There should be 5 or 6 different Korry types/legends in total. But all in all it’s like 80 png images to recreate!

Don’t bother @catflyer38 Alexander, I will do that for you if you wish, as a direct replacement, no code change required. If you could forward me the latest version you are working on, I could give a hand
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ