yet another generic cockpit

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

Re: yet another generic cockpit

#11 Post by JackZ »

My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

MarkH

#12 Post by MarkH »

visca blaugrana wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 1:07 pm does anyone have any opinion on spad next. looks like its cured some issues i had with the radio panel.
I think it is freakin' awesome! I recent bought it specifically because it can map switches in ways that X-Plane apparently can't (e.g. button-up events). Since then I keep discovering new things it can do - conditional button actions, compound actions, local variables to communicate between button actions, and so on. I have had a issues but likely these are down to me not yet understanding it properly. I notice the 'SPAD' no longer refers to 'Saitek' ( I think it's 'Sim Panels Advanced Driver'), but it still drives the Saitek radios just fine. It is kind of complicated to program a panel from scratch but you don't have to because there are lots of pre-written scripts you can just download from within the program. This includes a basic whole-panel script for the Saitek radio panel. I don't have the other panels installed, so maybe for those too.
MarkH

visca blaugrana

#13 Post by visca blaugrana »

JackZ wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 3:26 pm For XP you may try XSaitek
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi ... inmac3264/

Jacques
I did use that in the past and it works great, except with the radio panels (because of bad encodes in the panel), however looking at the change log, it looks like he might have been working on this.

MarkH

#14 Post by MarkH »

visca blaugrana wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 6:55 pm I did use that in the past and it works great, except with the radio panels (because of bad encodes in the panel), however looking at the change log, it looks like he might have been working on this.
If you want to fix your panel, look here. Expensive, but it will turn your Saitek radio into what it should have been from the start.
MarkH

visca blaugrana

#15 Post by visca blaugrana »

Wow that is extortionate, nearly 3 times of what I payed for the radio panel :o :o

JackZ

#16 Post by JackZ »

Yep, I figured that too. The problem is that the dual encoder they used (probably an ELMA E37) is quite expensive already (around 25$ each), and that this kind of encoder doesn't send pulses the same way a cheap mouse encoder (the one used in the Saitek) does.
They probably designed a small circuit with a PIC to do the pulse translation.
If you're up to, I guess a cheap Arduino nano and some smart programming could do the trick for you.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

MarkH

#17 Post by MarkH »

visca blaugrana wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 12:59 pm Wow that is extortionate, nearly 3 times of what I payed for the radio panel :o :o
Expensive, but I think 'extortionate' is unfair. it's enough money to make it worth the guy's while as a small sideline. He says he made the board for his own use initially because he was fed up of the crappy quality of the original panel. BTW, the radios cost over £100 in the UK, so you must have gotten yours cheap ;)
MarkH

visca blaugrana

#18 Post by visca blaugrana »

I'll change it to, more than I am willing to pay :)

I bought it from denmark for 500 dkk turns out that is 73 usd so half the price :)

Anyway, since I only got one throttle quadrant for now, what is your thoughts of flying a multi engine (2) with only 1 throttle quadrant? I might get an extra now while they are still possible to find, saitek hardware seems to be on its way out.

Also I have made up my mind about the trim wheel, I will do it to the multi panel, that way I can also make it look more realistic.