R22 cockpit simulator

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

FoxOne42

R22 cockpit simulator

#1 Post by FoxOne42 »

Hi everyone,

Just a quick picture of my WIP R22 cockpit sim using Air manager.
Attachments
IMG_2366.JPG

Ralph

Re: R22 cockpit simulator

#2 Post by Ralph »

Not bad at all. Do you fly the R22 in real life as well? Do you use FSX/P3D or X-Plane?

FoxOne42

#3 Post by FoxOne42 »

Thanks Ralph, this is an old picture to be fair. I posted this to have at least 3 posts so that I could use PM feature :)
But my project is still on going and I will post new pictures soon.
And Yes, I am a private pilot on R22, I just got my license last January so still quite new, only 50 hours or so of flight time. I actually starting my R22 cockpit project to help my real flight, but it took my much longer than I thought :) and got my license before completing the cockpit :)
I use X-plane 10 so far (Will switch to 11 soon) with the Dreamfoil Creations R22 Beta II. Very realistic helo and sim.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

That sounds relieving. X-Plane is indeed quite good with helicopters. FSX/P3D is a disaster. It probably even flies for miles without any engine power, and you can most probably fly down to 0% rotor RPM without any problems :) And there isn't any torque. Uhf... Although I'm not really sure what X-Plane does below lets say 86 ~ 80% RPM.

FoxOne42

#5 Post by FoxOne42 »

I have never tried to fly with RPM lower than that, expect for auto rotation exercises, which are very well simulated by the way.
But that is a good one to try in a sim, not in real life :)

Are you a pilot yourself ?

I'll post some new pic soon

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Not that useful maybe, since you, like you said, never want to do this. Got about 200 hours, whereof ~150 on the R22. I've been flying R44 lately, no more R22.