Keith 737 mip

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Keith 737 mip

#11 Post by jph »

Understood Keith - 100% :D
REALLY REALLY nice work.
A total credit to you.
I am Jealous. ;)
I have to build a much more generic cockpit as I want to be able to fly a very limited amount of aircraft. Primarily the twotter, the 172 and maybe a 737 - preferably the 200. So it has to be a total compromise for me.

By the way, have you noticed the amazing radio volume datarefs in X-P ? you can make your audio mixer panel come alive with these. X_P is so far ahead of any other available sim in the areas that matter.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

Another bite of the elephant.

Need to get "Video panel" specs, then on to the audio panel gemorse.

IMG_5345.jpg
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

So we are going to have a FV-0834 display for the FV-1070 Control Panel.

Keith

EDIT:
Nha ... The FV-0835 is better as it is a 6" screen in the same real estate.
https://ad-aero.com/products/lcd-colour-monitor-2/
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#14 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:16 pm Hi,

So we are going to have a FV-0834 display for the FV-1070 Control Panel.

Keith

EDIT:
Nha ... The FV-0835 is better as it is a 6" screen in the same real estate.
https://ad-aero.com/products/lcd-colour-monitor-2/
Hi brother and a good morning to you :)
Are you sure that is what you want ?
It is a fairly low resolution composite video only input device running on 28V. ! - it is not a 'monitor' in the sense of accepting an HDMI or similar input from a PC. It is the old 'composite' analogue input. Purely designed to accept inputs from composite video cameras. It follows the PAL or NTSC format.. the yanks use NTSC (60hz). 50hz PAL is used by more advanced countries :lol: . We used to say that NTSC was an acronym for 'never twice the same colour'
Check out 'composite video' via google if needed.

Unless you have some very specific use It may well be NOT what you want.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

I will probably use something like this Joe.

http://www.tekswo-display.com/displays/ ... duino.html

Keith

jph

#16 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:33 am I will probably use something like this Joe.

Keith
Hi Brother, Maybe it is better to look for something with an HDMI input ? - the above is a bit of a nightmare to interface with anything as it is proprietary.
HDMI allows direct control from the PC - Simply seen as an extra monitor, There some Pi specific modules that could be used, but you would need a Rasp Pi license as well as the display AND the Pi. !.. rahter expensive when direct HDMI units are possible.
What size are you looking for ? perhaps I can try and find something if you like ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

jph wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:12 am
Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:33 am I will probably use something like this Joe.

Keith
Hi Brother, Maybe it is better to look for something with an HDMI input ? - the above is a bit of a nightmare to interface with anything as it is proprietary.
HDMI allows direct control from the PC - Simply seen as an extra monitor, There some Pi specific modules that could be used, but you would need a Rasp Pi license as well as the display AND the Pi. !.. rahter expensive when direct HDMI units are possible.
What size are you looking for ? perhaps I can try and find something if you like ?
Joe
Joe It is a 5.6" display.

Maybe this one is better??
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 6062%23209

Keith

jph

#18 Post by jph »

HI Keith and good morning to you.
That is the kind of thing I am talking about yes. Only trouble with that is that the display resolution is 'relatively' low at 640x480 - that is from the spec of the AT056TN53 panel. - but I am also concerned as to the aspect ratio you may require for the 5.6 or 6" display of the original panel. - which looks more like a 1:1 aspect ratio ! - which is custom

Panels are measured from a lower corner to an upper corner - diagonally - so a 5.6" panel is 5.6" from, say, the lower left to the upper right. - that is diagonally across the visible display area, not the frame. Also, the aspect ratio is important as in almost ALL cases the panels do not have square display. The panel linked to is a 1.33:1 aspect ratio. In that case - and confirmed in the spec sheet, the visible area is more or less 113 x 85 mm. That is still a ' 5.6" ' display. The original part you linked to appears to be a different aspect ratio, indeed, possibly 1:1 :? .
Almost all panels you buy now will be 1.33 or 1.77 aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9) meaning the ratio of the horizontal width to vertical height will be proportional to the aspect ratio. So, a 5.6" panel can have completely different display width and heights depending on the aspect ratio. As in, you move from more 'square' to a more 'oblong' display as the aspect ratio increases, yet, the diagonal measurement remains the same as is basically lower left to upper right. The display AREA is exactly the same across all displays, just not the height and width.

LCD panels like this with external universal controllers are great.
The external controllers are pretty universal so a multitude of different panels can be connected.

most important - to confirm size choice - have a look at the size of the actual cut-out for the display visible area. If you can give me an idea of the actual 'cut-out' size in your panel (after any surround panel etc is added) - ie - the actual bit - the 'hole' you will left have to see the display after all bezels are added, that would be a great help and would be a very important factor in determining a good choice because as said a 5.6" diagonal screen will be different in width / height depending on the aspect ratio to any other 5.6" display
Usually it isn't a problem in a home-build as it is usually possible to use a slightly larger display and then shrink your visual display (as in AM) down to the visible area.
For example, if the lcd panel were to sit behind the cut-out and providing there is nothing around it to interfere, such as other hardware etc, then it would be fine.
I know it is ridiculous to use both the imperial system for diagonal and the proper metric system for the "real" measurements.. but unfortunately it is a drawback and legacy of the colonies and their archaic systems ............
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#19 Post by Keith Baxter »

Joe it is a 5.6" 3x4 screen.

View area 112x83mm
IMG_5348.png

Keith

jph

#20 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:33 am Joe it is a 5.6" 3x4 screen.
View area 112x83mm
Keith
Oooooo ;) :D that bodes well !.. your choice would appear to do the job nicely. :)
We need to ensure that once the mode on the display controller is set to HDMI it remains non volatile. - not too much of an issue but preferably you dont want to be changing input modes on the controller via the remote every time. However, looking really good Keith . :)
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.