Just my project

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Just my project

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hello homepilots,

here are some pictures of my home cockpit. Just so you get ideas for your own. That's how I do it all the time.

It has a 49 inch ultra wide view monitor and two 22 inch touchscreens. The hardware panel on top is selfmade with Arduino Mega and two 2.9 inch Waveshare ePaper displays. The displays need to flash a couple of times before they can show a different contents. I use them just for phases of the flight, parked, ground service, taxi, airbourne.
And I use Airmanager and the Knobster.

Detlef
cockpit1.jpg
cockpit2.jpg
cockpit3.jpg
flexpanel-switches.JPG
flexpanel-front1.JPG

Detlef

Re: Just my project

#2 Post by Detlef »

and one more
flexpanel-active.jpg

Detlef

#3 Post by Detlef »

from inside
flexpanel-back2.JPG
flexpanel-mega-wired.JPG
flexpanel-top-open1.JPG
display-back.JPG
flexpanel-top-open2.JPG

bartroozendaal

#4 Post by bartroozendaal »

Really nice. I didn't know about this e-Paper displays. Will certainly investigate. nice!
Bart Roozendaal
https://fsarduino.com

Detlef

#5 Post by Detlef »

Thank you. Be sure to find some videos showing the e-Paper display in action. It takes 20 s or so to update. And during that time the display is flashing. This is to prevent ghost images.
Still, I am happy with it so far.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Hey Detlef :D
Absolutely SUPERB !
Really quality work.
I am looking at the Paper white display at the moment.
I would be interested in how they perform with an ESP 32, or a DUE, or a Blue Pill (STM32)
I think the update rate could be massively improved. As to if this is necessary ? maybe not ..
It is a shame we cannot interface with a kindle paperwhite.......................................................... :shock: ;) that would be amazing..
@Ralph :mrgreen: :?: :?: :?:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

There are thousands of screens, undoable :) But anything is possible through Messageport, as you can see. Quite a smart idea for a generic cockpit setup.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 am There are thousands of screens, undoable :) But anything is possible through Messageport, as you can see. Quite a smart idea for a generic cockpit setup.
Het Ralph, I was semi joking :D ... BUT !!! :o :shock: :!: it would be the ideal to have an AM module specifically for the Kindle ! (the actual item, not just the screen !).. I would happily pay 30 Euro or so for such. ;) - for the kindle Paperwhite with Background lighting (running Air Player). An amazing bit of kit.. In fact, I would pay more................
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Detlef

#9 Post by Detlef »

@jph,
thank you Joe. I hope it will work for years to come. My old one (BASIC-Stamp controlled, very long time ago) did work 10 years and longer.

@Ralph,
thanks also. I am currently trying to get a Carenado Saab S340B working. Made and sent up an FMS overlay instrument today (I cheated with the buttons though. They do work but I made no pictures, except for transparent ones, using Skinman for the first time). Thanks to that Flexpanel of mine I can use the same buttons for different aircrafts.

Detlef