Looking for someone I can pay to build instruments for me

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ChuckK

Re: Looking for someone I can pay to build instruments for me

#11 Post by ChuckK »

All ready done. Happy to share

Chuck
025B0CE1-E728-45F4-9627-7084F7472670.jpeg

ChuckK

#12 Post by ChuckK »

A closer look...sorry about the rotation.
467C37DC-31A4-4590-8EC3-62A7B8A2897E.jpeg

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Good on you Chuck. Great that you prepared to share.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

ChuckK

#14 Post by ChuckK »

As mentioned above easy programming. The graphics are where the work lies.

esmith

#15 Post by esmith »

That would be wonderful, Chuck. More than happy to pay for your work. Either way, thanks for offering to help out. How do I access the instruments and get them into my Air Manager?

Errol

esmith

#16 Post by esmith »

This may be a newbie question... Chuck, your image looks like physical gauges built into a simulator. The instruments don't look like they are on a computer screen running Air Manager. I'm wondering if I'm missing something about how Air Manager is used. I'm also wondering if I was not precise enough in my initial post. To make sure we're on the same page, I'm trying to get the instruments in the Piper PA-46 off of my main screen and onto an iPad running Air Manager. Can you clarify for me what I perhaps don't understand about all of this?

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

You have just introduced another variable being the iPad. If you are expecting to use Chucks instruments with AM for iPad you will be disappointed. You can run on iPad if using it as an extra display for a desktop but not with the AM App. The AM App has the instruments embedded so you are stuck with what it includes until a future update.

esmith

#18 Post by esmith »

Hmmm.... Okay, this is more complex than I thought. Let me further clarify. I'm running X-Plane on one computer with dedicated screens looking forward and out the sides. I have all instruments on iPads running Air Manager and linked to Xplane via WIFI. The setup has worked great on other aircraft and I was able to find gauges in Air Manager that worked for the Piper Archer and Saratoga. But the gauges didn't work on the iPad for the Piper Mirage. The instruments DO work on the main screen if I zoom out to include a forward look and gauges. But I'm trying to use the forward screen for the outside a view uncluttered by instruments. Will any of what we've been discussing allow me to do that?

Sling

#19 Post by Sling »

Yes but you can’t use AM on the iPad to display custom instruments not included in the App. To do this you need AM desktop and an attached display to display your instruments. An iPad running a display extender App such as Spacedesk can be used as a display in windows.

So in short you need AM for desktop or you wait a very long time in the hope that Chuck’s or another instrument that works with that aircraft makes it into the community instruments and then sometime after that into a future update of the iPad App.

AM for iPad can be thought of as AM lite. It has limitations and omissions that the desktop version does not.

I hope this explains.

esmith

#20 Post by esmith »

That clarifies a lot! Thank you! Okay... I think I have a better idea of the possibilities and limitations. Question. On the Saratoga, and the Mirage. There is an indicator that dispays the status of MAP, RPM, TIT, and Fuel flow. On the Saratoga, I can click on the indicators and it pops out. The allows me to move it around and the main screen. The same indicators panel doesn't popout on the Mirage. Is there a way to get that indicator to pop up? That would solve the problem I'm having with flying this aircraft.

Thanks again, for your help on this!

Errol